Savoro Restaurant with Rooms
West Lodge Park Hotel(Barnet)(Great Value!)
$107
$81
Travelodge London Whetstone(London)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
$67
$54
$46
Travelodge Borehamwood Studio Way(Borehamwood)(Great Value!)
$44
Travelodge
Hadley Hotel(Barnet)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshigh streetcar parkunderfloor heatingadjoining roomsbreakfast rooma great place to staytea and coffee facilitiesroom was spotlessfull english breakfaststayed here for one nightfinchleykettle
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Overall, a good choice.
Our room was clean with a nice big bathroom. Got a great night's sleep. The breakfast was really good and the staff very pleasant. Our room was on the ground floor and seemed to back onto a corridor or room used by the restaurant staff and it was quite noisy from about 7.30am, which would be OK if we were there for a business trip (as we would have been up anyway), but we were there for a leisure break.
The room was quite dark, and it wasn't possible to open the blinds so not really somewhere we would have wanted to spend the day if for some reason we needed or wanted to. I would definitely go back and use it again.

Room Tip: If you're not planning on getting up early, avoid the ground floor room at the back backing onto staff room/kitchen.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank oy-bell
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed 1 night B&B at Savoro - our choice influenced by the generally positive comments on Tripadvisor. Our experience was good overall - with some reservations.

Positives: Excellent breakfast (unlike an earlier reviewer, we were offered extra coffee and toast); very clean bathroom and bedroom with comfortable bed. The restaurant was very busy when we checked in at about 9.00pm, so clearly a popular venue for eating.

Negatives: Not very good sound insulation in the new extension where we were located (Room 24), so quite noisy - a lot of door closing, tramping up and down stairs and noisy chatting late at night, I suspect caused by customers and/or staff leaving the restaurant. This could be improved by laying carpet on the stairs to the bedrooms and corridors, instead of just the noisy laminate flooring, and also asking staff and customers to be more considerate for residents by keeping the noise down when they leave.

Unfortunately, at check-out we were not asked if our stay was satisfactory - if we had been asked I would have mentioned the above points.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My friends and I meet here for lunch about once every month. The service is usually impeccable, particullarly when the owner is there, and the set menu is value for money. The quality of food is always very good. I have never visited during the evening, but a nice crowd of people frequent it during the day.
A couple of people I know have stayed there overnight, mixed reviews, but nothing terrible.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Could not find it as although the address says high st, it is set back Inbetween two other businesses. One of the staff did actually direct me in over the phone as i had driven up and down at least 5 times. Car parking at back of building so had to drive right around the block again then it was extremely tight to park. I had to take my case through a busy restaurant to get to my room and even though i had guaranteed my room on a credit card was asked to pay there and then infront of restaurant guests! Food was good and well presented though. Room small but modern and clean, very cold but soon warmed up once the radiator fired up. Breakfast was in the restaurant, well presented if limited. The thing that really irked me was that I asked for a third cup of coffee ( cups very small and served individually) and received a mouthful from the waiter who informed me that I should have only been allowed one cup of coffee with breakfast! He said he had given me a second cup out of courtesy but I should not be allowed a third. He informed me that they used a very expensive machine and coffee was made to order. I did say that the expense of the machine was not my problem. He then showed me a tin of Nescafé and said that if I had wanted a large pot he could have used that. I was flabbergasted. He then said that he was just following managements orders! I travel all over England, Scotland and Ireland and every hotel I stay in makes fresh coffee for breakfast. He did reluctantly make me a third cup. The B&B rate was not inexpensive! I have never heard the like!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We spent one night at the Savoro as visiting relatives in the area. We had a good night sleep at the rear of the hotel, nice big bedroom, bottled water for each of us and lovely toiletries. Breakfast was good. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family