“Fairly priced for our group transportation needs”

Biotrans Costa Rica Transportation and Tour Services
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We provide responsible, reliable, safe and always on time private and shared transportation and tour packages throughout the entire country. Contact Dave at 011-506-60924449 24/7
nyc
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Fairly priced for our group transportation needs”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We found that for our group (5 adults & 2 kids)...booking our own transportation (none of us wanted to drive a rental car) was cheaper than going through private tours. We booked a car through Biotrans to go from Los Suenos resort near Jaco to Monteverde for the day, as well as a day trip to the Poas volcano and La Paz waterfall (excellent recommendation from David!). The drivers were professional and David made sure we were taken care of.

Visited April 2014

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazingly Great experience!!! Friendly, Honest and Reliable!”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Bachelor Party March 2014 Group of 11 guys

David was on top of our needs from day one. We had about 40 emails back and forth before we got to Costa Rica. We originally booked 2 airport transfers to and from SJO and 2 transfers to and from San Jose and JAco. Added two more airport runs last minute without any issue. David got back to me within the hour of every email I sent him. Most of the times it was less than an hour before he email me back. He would even call me whenever I asked him to, just to clarify any uncertainties I may have had.

David also setup a tour to an active volcano, atv tour, canopy/ziplining and took us out to some hot spots in the evening. We were there for a total of 5 days and he was on call for us all 5 days. If plans changed he had no problem accommodating us. The first day we got there we asked if he could bring an ice chest for the long rides he gladly brought one from home and the next day returned with a different bus that had a refrigerator unit in it. Life Saver. He was constantly going above and beyond for us. He was extremely knowledgeable and proud of his country. All rates charged were extremely reasonable and he just wanted us to feel comfortable and have fun. I can honestly say that David made our trip as fun as it could have been.

I cannot express how much WE LOVE THIS GUY! He is genuinely nice, caring and honest. I am actually contacting him about booking a trip for my cousin next month. Thank you David and Biotrans!!!!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Manish P
New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Absolutely perfect experience - A++++”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

My fiance and I came to Costa Rica last week and booked Biotrans for all our transportation needs based on reviews here. I must say that it was a perfect experience. The dates and times were all confirmed, and each driver was on time and perfectly pleasant. The owner made sure we were at all times taken care of, and would absolutely use again. Thanks for a great trip to CR!

Visited March 2014
Seattle, Washington
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“BEST decision for travel within Costa Rica!”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Pros:
Better than renting – GREAT VALUE!
Driver (saved time and energy not having to drive ourselves)
On time & accurate transfer quotes
Extremely Flexible and accommodating (we contacted at 24/7)

Cons:
NONE! – use them

Prior to trip:
• We did our research and for a group our size 4-6pax + luggage & multiple destinations over the course of 8 days it was more valuable than renting a car and with this option we got a DRIVER – YAY :)
• TIP: rental agencies in Costa Rica charge for their own insurance which drove up prices significantly for our friends who went that route – they all wished they had done private transport after hearing our experiences.
• No addresses in Costa Rica & heavy construction on major roads really proved the value of a local driver who knew back roads.
• Friends rental cars were damaged by burglars (apparently very common - they even have people called ‘watchies’ to watch your car for tips) – we never had to worry.

Trip 1:
SJO- Papagayo with David and his wife Margaret
LONG, but bearable thanks to the great convo with David and his wife. Stopover in Calderra for breakfast/lunch. Requested stopping at a grocery store for some snacks and they happily did so.

Trip 2:
Papagayo – Jaco with Carlos aka Pilo
Also long and far. was delayed for an hour due to road construction, but they plan ahead and still got me to our hotel in Jaco in time for a wedding rehersal. No stops per our request to get to Jaco in time.

Trip 3:
Jaco – Manuel Antonio with Roland
Last minute trip booked night before we decided to go – VERY accommodating and we appreciate it! Also worked with us on pickup/drop off points because we traveled with passengers with walking disabilities.

Trip 4:
Manuel Antonio – Jaco (pick up luggage) – Arenal / Fortuna with another David.
Our driver knew we had one night in Arenal and got us there in RECORD TIME so we could enjoy a night and the following day there. We still felt safe despite his speediness. Stopped at a local rest stop just outside Jaco with an amazing giftshop – ask for it if you take this route!

Trip 5:
Arenal/Fortuna – San Jose with William
Williams van was probably the nicest – most roomy, luxurious, and had 2 tv screens (we watched ‘Get the Gringo’). Not his fault, but the roads from Arenal to the city are SO CURVY/WINDY we all felt sick on this portion. Be warned – I’ve read there is a slightly longer, but ‘straighter’ road way to San Jose from Arenal (should be requested).

All in all:
I can’t say it enough – BOOK WITH BIOTRANS!!

Visited January 2014
BiotransCostaRica, Propietario at Biotrans Costa Rica Transportation and Tour Services, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
God Bless is always a pleasure to be at the sevice of wonderfull people like you this is your second home ....
Bothell, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fast,friendly and ontime”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

David picked up my wife and myself from SJO. He took us to Jaco. He was very knowledgeable about the area. He was ontime and quickly got us to our destination.
Carlos picked up our three children 9 days later. He took them from SJO to puntarenas. They raved about how friendly he was and how safe they felt with him. Thanks Biotrans!!

Visited December 2013