Nomadas Backpackers
$169
InterContinental
  • Pool
$88
Wyndham Garden San Jose Escazu(Escazu)(Great Value!)
$89
  • Breakfast included
$175
$170
Hotwire.com
Hostel Casa Colon(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$46
$45
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here as a quick overnight stop between arriving in San Jose and leaving for La Fortuna, so I can't say much about the location. However, the staff were all so friendly to us, our room was comfortable, secure and clean, and the place had a really great, laid-back vibe. The kitchen was use, the book exchange the best I've seen yet, and there were tons of lounge rooms for you to sit and have a drink/chat with fellow travellers. The shared bathrooms were not unisex, which kind of sucked, and there were nowhere near enough of them, but that was the only negative of the place. One of the best hostels I've seen yet!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2013

For being what it was, It was good! I honestly dont know how to rate a Hostel because Ive never stayed in one before!

Beds are extremely simple... Not the most comfortable to sleep on..... Be prepared to take a cold shower as there is no hot water! The family who runs the place is EXTREMELY Friendly and hospitable! The neighborhood is quiet and safe. Market a 5 minute walk away.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2013

2 person room was bunk beds in a small pokey room. It was quite cold although comfortable beds and we didn't get any hot water.
The location is in a quiet neighbourhood near the impressive new stadium.
The staff were really friendly and very helpful.
Breakfast was provided, but was very basic compared to other places in Costa Rica.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This hostel was a perfect place to chill in a very busy city. The couple and there family live within the hostel but you are left with so much space to do as you please. Great places to sit and socialise with others, great wifi and internet connection.. They have all the info you could require for your stay and more. Its a home away from home, clean lots of space and nice being in a family home. Thank you for a great stay

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I arrived at Nomadas on Mother's Day in Costa Rica, and although it was a holiday, the owners greeted me at the door and welcomed me into their home. They were very friendly and helpful. Since I was traveling to San Jose to go to the Immigration Office, I was given prompt instructions on how to get there, bus schedules, etc and we even swapped a few stories about the residency process here in Costa Rica.

The hostel was clean, the beds comfortable and the breakfast although small, was good.

The location of this hostel has to be one of my favorite parts! It is just a short walk away from the La Sabana Park and literally right across the street from the new National Stadium. I spent many hours just wandering around the neighborhood and I felt completely safe doing so.

I spent one night at Nomadas and definitely plan to stay there again whenever I find myself traveling to or through San Jose. I've already recommended this hostel to several friends and I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a quiet, family hostel experience in a nice and safe neighborhood.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo