All reviews restaurant next door attached restaurant good nights sleep meal deal air con busy road the pub extra pillows evening meal and breakfast plenty of parking top floor car park peak district family room reception staff night's sleep derbyshire dales
Selected filters
Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

My friend booked this hotel online late on a Friday night .... I didn’t stay but I went in the room .... asked at reception if they had any nicer rooms and they upgraded free of charge. (I don’t actually know if there are good and bad rooms here) but nevertheless the room was lovely for a basic hotel. Breakfast was served in the pub just next door (step out of hotel into pub) (I met my friend for breakfast) and it all looked lovely and was cooked fresh to order (I don’t eat breakfast often but my friend said it was nice!)

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Sally G
Reviewed February 26, 2018 via mobile

The room was clean and comfy and the lady that greeted us at 23.30 was lovely and friendly with lots of enthusiasm. The price was also very good for a Friday before half term. We were only about 20 minutes from some good walks and exploring and the restaurant next door did some wonderful food.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hannah S
Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

We booked a double room for £30 for one night which is very good value for a nice clean room. The receptionist was great and we spoke to her several times whilst there. Very friendly and helpful. Whilst we waited for our taxinit was good to aee her treating incoming guesrs so well. The hotel is in a convenient position for drivers, but the receptionist also pointed out a short walk through the woods on a well-lit path which is a quick way into Ripley. This comes out just down the road from the awesome Talbot Tap House pub. There is a restaurant next to the hotel and a macdonalds across the road plus a big sainsbury supermarket just beyond that. Plenty of parking.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank SteveDDD
Reviewed February 12, 2018

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

The room is very basic and is partially taken up by the roof ( which I have hit my head on more than once). The lighting in the room reminds me of a morgue it is dismal there is no iron, my son in law asked for one at the desk to be told none were available . I did not bother asking as I knew the answer, so the christening that we were going to the next day we were going to look a bit crumpled . Any good points about the room? Yes the bed was ok. Thankfully we only booked for one night. Why do I say this because we ate at the adjoining restaurant we arrived at 6.15 with extended family and grandchildren it was gone 8 pm before we were served ,the children were tired by this time. My wife’s meal was inedible . The manager was apologetic and took some money off the bill but it was a ruined night.
Would I stay again ? No ! Very dissatisfied ☹️

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank James F
WhitbreadHotels, Premier Inn Team at Premier Inn Ripley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2018

Hi James

Thanks for taking the time to share your review.

It's a shame to read of your disappointment with the room and restaurant and that this has put you off returning in future.

Our Reception Teams do have a small supply of irons that they can lend to guests, so I'm sorry they were unable to assist with one at the time your son in law asked.

I've raised your comments with both the Hotel and Restaurant Managers to they can follow this up and put measures in place to avoid your experience being repeated.

We hope you'll give Premier Inn another chance in future.

Kind Regards