“Good value for money”

Premier Inn Ripley Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ripley
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Reception staff very welcoming. Room as expected, high standard of cleanliness and decor. Thank goodness for air conditioning as it was very hot on the night we were there. The restaurant next door was good. It happened to be "Curry buffet night" and we both enjoyed an excellent curry - 6 to choose from.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Here for a family party.

Up to the standard of the Premier Inn with restaurant/pub next door. Sainsburys close by.

Check in was quick and easy, receptionist was most helpful.Our room was clean and bright, with the window wide open, much appreciated as it was a hot weekend. Located close to a busy road, but quiet by the time we retired.

The local Denby factory shop well worth a visit

Room Tip: Rooms facing car park quieter, although they get the afternoon sun,so will be warmer in summer.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OsoyoosBC
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed for one night to attend a wedding nearby. Cannot fault anything as it served my purpose perfectly. Very friendly welcome, quick check-in and my room was of a decent size. Importantly, it was very clean and had a very comfortable bed. An early exit in the morning meant I did not have breakfast, but I did visit the Brewers Fayre for a few drinks to pass time before my taxi to the wedding venue. The very slow and disorganised service here, obviously outside the control of the hotel, was the only negative from my stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 2, 2013

stayed with my wife and 16mth old child for a local wedding
without exception the staff are excellent and very welcoming
a good nights sleep even though on the side of the road
would use again next time in the area
thanks!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed here 1 night for a nearby wedding. Accommodation is standard Premier Inn. Basic accommodation, but clean and good value.

However after the wedding the next morning I was hungover and felt very ill! I was awake well before check out time, but felt too ill to get up initially. At check out there was a knock at the door to remind me of check out. I replied I would be as quick as I can, but felt ill and could I pay for late check out to which I was advised I could not.

There was a second knock about 15 minutes later to say it was after check out and there were people waiting to get in the room. I said I would be quick but really felt very ill.

The next knock advised they would need to call security if I did not leave the room soon.

I got out of bed feeling very much like I would be sick, but managed to hold it together.

Needless to say when I got to reception there was nobody waiting to check in on an early Sunday afternoon in late October, so clearly reception were lying to me.

During the 20 minutes I was waiting for a taxi no more guests arrived.

I am very aware hotels have designated check out times and this was self-induced, but their ridiculously militant stance and threats to call security were absolutely unnecessary! I honestly wish I had got up at their first call and been sick all over the room and down the corridor as would have happened had I followed the aggressive orders of reception. Would they have found this preferable?

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Ripley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of customer service and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. Please be assured that your feedback is very important to us and we will follow this up with the Management Team directly. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great service very friendly.. Myself and partner use the premier in a lot!
Would not use any other!
Wifi could be a little bit better!
And a fridge in the rooms would be great!
Also breakfast included would make better value for money!
Overall great staff!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in June 2013, could not fault anything. The rooms were clean and functional.
The food at the Brewers fayre was fine typical pub grub at a reasonable price.
All the staff, from receptionists to bar staff, waiters and waitress's were faultless, always more than happy to help and oblige you. Breakfasts, were epic as much as you wanted, all for £8-25.
We have stayed in many pubs where English breakfast is one scrap of bacon, 1 sausage and half a tomato, served with an egg, and some cold toast. Britains country pubs must do better.
Close to Derbyshire dales and Derwent valley excellent

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ripley
Travelodge Alfreton
#1 of 2 in South Normanton
The Derbyshire Derby
The Derbyshire Derby
#2 of 2 in South Normanton

Been to Premier Inn Ripley Hotel? Share your experiences!