“warm and welcoming”

Premier Inn Ripley Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ripley
Reviewed December 17, 2012

would highly recommend premier inn in ripley. the rooms are clean warm and a good size. we had a family room so we had a double bed and a single bed in our room. i didnt feel cramped at all. the staff are very warm and friendly. would recommend the brakfast.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Ripley Hotel

Reviewed December 8, 2012

The Premier Inn at Ripley was a great example of exceedingly comfortable budget accommodation. I was particularly impressed by their super powerful showers! The staff were really friendly and were happy to recommend good chinese and indian takeaways - saving us time and money by having the food delivered to our room!

Room Tip: Large rooms on second floor facing car park were very quiet
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed at Ripley because we had stayed previously and knew it to be a good hotel for our needs.

The family room was spacious - which cannot always be said about some Premier Inn family rooms. It was clean, there were plently of towels, the bathroom was spotless, the shower was great, it was quiet (but then I always wear earplugs!), the receptionist was lovely and (for our youngest) the best part was that her bed was off the ground (and not just a matttress on the floor like other PIs).

We would recommend the hotel to anyone.

HOWEVER, they have changed the restaurant since our last visit. It is now a Brewers Fayre and I was not impressed when we went for dinner. We waited for ages for anyone to welcome us when we arrived for dinner. They never turned up so we just waited in the bar for our guest who was joining us. The chap behind the bar was lovely and friendly though. When we sat down ("you are sitting there" with a point of the finger), no-one told us that we had to order at the bar. The menu was a typical pub menu. Not very adventurous at all. The food to me was tasteless. The onion ring stack was horrible, but no-one came to ask how our meal was, so couldn't let them know. I admit to being ill during the night. Whether this was because of the scampi I don't know. But it certainly didn't make me want breakfast the next morning. But since we had already paid for the am meal, off we went.

What a difference! The staff were welcoming and the food (buffet) was warm and well cooked. The mushrooms (which I set my standards to) were really tasty. ANd we had Santa and his elf helper to say hello to!

I did enjoy most of my stay and I will go again. But not sure I would eat dinner there again. If it wasn't for that hiccup, I would have rated it 5 stars!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gilly0111beds
Caroline H, Manager at Premier Inn Ripley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. I am delighted that your stay in the Premier Inn was a good one and I will pass on your kind words to the team. I am sorry that your experience of the restaurant was not good. If you would like to discuss this further, I would be happy to pass your feedback on to our Restaurant GM. Kind Regards Caroline

Reviewed November 26, 2012

This premier inn offers comfort and cleanliness at a decent price, particularly if you can get a saver offer. I paid £29 for 1 night, got a good nights sleep in an amazingly comfortable bed. The staff are friendly and helpful and with a restaurant attached offers food as well.

Room Tip: Close to the A38 so close access to M1, ideal for travellers
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I and my partner have to travel about the UK and use various Premier Inns. You really never know if it's going to be a bit of a tired place or if it's bright and sparkly. I'm happy to say this one is definately the latter. bright and clean. It's only 3 yrs old approx, as you'll have noticed if you had a look at it on Google maps, street view. It actually shows the property still in construction, but hey, as I had been speaking to the young lady at reception earlier I figured she wasn't camped outside, right? Well, I suppose you never know. The staff all were very pleasant, and what I like is when staff exceed your expectations. For example, I was sitting in the Brews Fayre reading my book drinking a coffee, which was the eternal fill up as many times as you like type. When, after attending various groups of large orders the young lady asked me if I would like her to top up my coffee. So, that may not seem Earth shattering, but given so many people just do the basic, what's necessary, it was a pleasant surprise, especially as she was already fairly busy. The others staff at the hotel also were very considerate, as the cleaner made a point of coming to my room that was convenient to myself, as for the most part I was working on the laptop (yes this one) from the room. As far as road noise goes, I really couldn't say. My room was on the car park side, this room points South, so good for the Sun in the morning, should it decide to grace us with it's presence, I'll certainly come to this PI again, I might even buy some food in the Brews Fayre. Oh, and finally, the manager, he's a friendly guy, he starts off with the universal language........a SMILE. Enjoy the hotel. ;)

Room Tip: Take a room if you can to the car park side, you have the Sun in the morning...if it comes out to pl...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

We are all delighted that you gave our hotel a 'hit'. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind Regards Caroline

Reviewed November 21, 2012

This hotel is located conveniently close to the M1 motorway. Like all Premier Inns, it was clean and comfortable, although there was a fair bit of traffic noise from in my room.

I had a cooked breakfast in the morning, which was from a buffet, and so it wasn't very hot.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed here with husband and 2 children for 1 night in November to attend a friends wedding. Phoned ahead to request access to our room before the usual 2pm checkin - to allow us to freshen up before the wedding - and this was accommodated (Thank you Premier Inn staff). There was a very short delay while housekeeping "checked off" our room and the children were given colouring to do while we waited. The room was clean, the bathroom too. Sufficient towels, spare pillows, tea & cofee. Bed was comfortable (perhaps a tad hard, but for a 1 night stay I wasn't too worried), and the shower was hot with good water pressure. The room was a bit chilly but there was a heating panel on the wall so we could adjust as required. All in all a pleasent 1 night stop over in Ripley.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ripley
Travelodge Alfreton
#2 of 2 in Belper
Makeney Hall Hotel
Makeney Hall Hotel
#1 of 2 in Belper

Been to Premier Inn Ripley Hotel? Share your experiences!