“Great (as always)”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ripley
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
“Great (as always)”
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Nice, modern Premier Inn with the quality & standard you'd expect.
Nice Brewers Fayre next door that cook good food which is delivered efficiently by friendly staff.
Reception staff are always friendly, welcoming and willing to help.
Next to a busy main road but no real noise issues.

• Stayed September 2012
Caroline H, Manager at Premier Inn Ripley Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Ripley Premier Inn. We all look forward to your next visit. Kind Regards Caroline

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Cottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This was our fourth stay in a Premier Inn and like the last 3, was terrific. I reckon the model for this company is like that of Macdonalds - you know exactly what to expect before you arrive. We stayed for 3 nights and simply couldn't find a fault with anything. The room was spotless. Everything - and I mean everything - is thought about to make your stay as comfortable as possible. From guest operated heating in the room to a choice of firm or soft pillows and 30 minutes free wi-fi to a wall mounted bottle opener! I could go on.... Every member of staff makes you feel special, even the friendly housekeepers.
The Brewer's Fayre pub attached is really great. The themed night buffets are worth having. We had the Friday fish buffet. Eat as much as you want for less than £7- chips, fried fish, fish cakes, succulent chicken portions, mince and onion pies etc. etc. Special thanks go to our waitress Holly. She was very friendly and eager to make sure we had a great meal. Again at breakfast, you are really spoilt for choice. The quality of all the food we had and the way we were treated by all the staff were of the highest standard.
If you are visiting Matlock or Bakewell, this hotel is only a short drive away. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed. Oh yes... and if you fancy a Macdonald's instead, there's one right next door!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Ripley Premier Inn. I am so pleased that you had everything you needed during your stay. I will also pass on your kind comments to the restaurant team. We all look forward to seeing you again soon. Kind Regards Caroline
Stock, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I wouldn't usually stay in a budget hotel, but this one was booked for me by a client for a trip to Derbyshire and I must say I was very pleasantly surprised! The staff seem to really care about their hotel and their guests. Everyone I met was friendly, helpful and concerned that I had everything I wanted for my stay and checked to see if there was anything else they could do for me. The room was large, bright and well maintained. the bed very comfortable and the bathroom came with shower and bath (again another nice surprise for a budget hotel). There wasn't much in the way of bathroom amenities - but then I wasn't expecting any so came equipped with all my own toilietries and sundries. The free wi-fi was very limited (I believe the advert said 30 mins free, but it was more like 6 minutes), but that didn't stop me working. We ate in the pub next door and again the service was very good. Dinner was perfectly pleasant and breakfast really very good indeed. Premier Inn wouldn't be my natural choice when selecting a hotel - but if they are all like this one I could well seek them out in the future for business trips. Well done staff of Premier Inn Ripley - you've made a convert.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. The Team are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Ripley. Our guests are our priority at all times and I am pleased that you felt this was the case. I will make sure that your comments are passed back to the team. Kind Regards Caroline
Diss, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 7, 2012

After spending a night in another value hotel it was an enormous relief to stay a night in a Premier Inn which was much more modern, clean, comfortable, bright and welcoming! It was five star in comparison!

Room Tip: ask for a shaver adapter at reception
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind comments for Ripley Premier Inn, I will pass these on to my team who will be delighted to hear that you found our rooms clean and welcoming! Kind Regards Caroline
Hindhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Stayed here with my wife for a 3 night mini break. Excellent base for exploring the dales and Nottingham. Very friendly staff. Having read reviews, called them a few days prior to ask for a room overlooking car park and it was all as requested. Room clean, bed fantastic and breakfast (buffet weekends, order and brought to table weekdays) very good. Unfortunately due to budget nature of hotel we did get woken up a couple of times with inconsiderate people banging doors and kids running along the corridor but that's not the fault of the hotel, just the morons who have no thought for others. Would stay there again without a doubt as there was too much to see on just one 3 day trip!

Room Tip: Car park side just in case you are troubled by noise from road
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Premier Inn Ripley. I'm pleased that you found our central location useful for your break in the area. I have noted your feedback around the noise issues and will use this as training for our team. We hope to welcome you back soon. Kind Regards Caroline
W Yorks
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I would happily stay there again but Premier try to avertise they are above other "inn" type chains. It was clean, comfortable and very like a travelodge etc etc. A strip of purple cloth across the bottom of the bed is decoration not added value. Equaly there is a "choice of pillows" but if your partner gets first choice you have no choice. There is a warning on the webb site about traffic noise, although we were on the side next to the road it was not a problem. The light switches were also very stragely laid out, Not a problem just confusing, Food was good in the evening and two mornings the breakfast buffet also. Subday morning they cook to order because it is quiet but they cannot manage to keep up. The profusion of offers and vouchers and merits of paying for breakfast at reception v the restraunt was leaving both staff and guests confused.
You can get basic meals at the Sainsburiys Supermarket if you just need something quick and simple. Its within warking distance.
Its a very good base for the Derbyshire peak district.

Room Tip: It is quieter on the side facing the car park. The further from reception the better,
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Caroline H, Manager at Premier Inn Ripley Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. We are working hard to ensure all our guests have a clean, comfortable nights sleep and your comments can help us achieve this. I hope that we will see you again soon. Kind Regards Caroline
brighton
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed at this excellent hotel for one night on a business trip and could not fault it in any way and the perfect stop for the night. Excellent comfortable rooms (mine had a bath and shower) with all you need for a good nights sleep with no noise from nearby road. 30 minutes of free wi fi and plentyful tea and coffee in the room. What made the difference was the excellent friendly staff who went out of the way to help. The male staff member who checked us in (sorry forgot your name) even made sure as there was 7 of us in the group that we had a table reserved next door at the great on site pub to make sure we could sit together and catch up on the day.
Everything from the great service and food at the site pub to the friendly goodbye made this a great hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
We are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at Ripley Premier Inn. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We hope that you will be back soon. Kind Regards Caroline
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ripley
Travelodge Alfreton
#2 of 4 in Matlock
The Lion Hotel
The Lion Hotel
#2 of 2 in Belper

Been to Premier Inn Ripley Hotel? Share your experiences!