“Wonderful fish and chips”
Review of Quayside Cafe

Quayside Cafe
Ranked #20 of 35 Restaurants in Amble
Description: First class fish and chip cafe; will write full review once added
Description: First class fish and chip cafe; will write full review once added
Reviewed November 3, 2013

There's two great chippies in Amble, and this is one of them. Beautifully battered generous portions of fish and nice bulky chips, and proper mushy peas. I think the fish and chips is slightly better, and certainly better value than the Harbour, and less people seem to know it, so you don't have to wait as long!

Keep up the standard Quayside!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

My fiancé and I had been staying in a lovely cottage in beacon hill and decided to grab some lunch on the way home. I have to say we both had cod and chips and our food was absolutely lovely my fiancé demolished his and I'm pleased we decide to eat in.

As the cafe wasn't full we were able to talk to the staff who were all absolutely lovely and we were able to have a bit of a laugh with them especially Amanda who didn't seem put out at how awkward we are with the way we like our food cooked. Next time we are in the area we will definitely call in again!!

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

We went in to grab a bag of chips each. The staff were really friendly and we got a massive portion of freshly cooked chips. Just what was needed to amble around Amble.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

After a short drive and looking forward to a fish and chips meal what a disappointment. The two fish sitting in a warm cabinet did not look appetising so I asked for a fresh piece of cod(I know some of you might think but if you are paying £3.90 for I piece of 6oz meat!)why not the fryer looked at me in disgust. Got two teas carry out and a cod and chips a separate portion of chips £10.30. The server asked if I wanted salt & vinegar which I replied I would rather do it as I know I like to drench my fish in vinegar to which he replied No I couldn't health & safety in this establishment does not allow it! I thought I've heard everything until I came here! Well the chips were cold the fish not the best we didn't take them home we were parked in the car park apparently the harbour fish and chips is the best in amble my mistake!

1  Thank eddycarr1
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The seating is plain but adequate and the food fresh and hot. Service reasonably quick and the food arrives hot. All in all pleasant place to eat.