Open today: 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM, 3:00 PM - 5:30 AM
Review Highlights
SUP

Another great SUP tour completed yesterday at Costa Del Amble on the Northumberland coast! Great... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Glenn T
via mobile
Paddle Board Beginners Session

Myself and my son went along to join John at Warkworth to try out paddle boarding on the River... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
alanspadge
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

All reviews paddle boarding great fun the river two hours excellent afternoon kids aged explained everything visiting the area equipment provided no pressure local knowledge jon lesson wetsuits waves southside beginners
Selected filters
Reviewed July 13, 2018

I was a total beginner and John was a very good instructor; encouraging and extremely knowledgeable. Had a really great time and I definitely want to get back on a surfboard again soon. Would highly recommend northside surf school!

Date of experience: July 2018
Jon N, Owner at Northside Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2018

Hey, thankyou for your review & soo pleased you enjoyed & sounds like you have the surf BUG..!

Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

My 13yr old daughter and her friend had their first ever surf lesson with John yesterday and they loved it. I was worried about them being cold as it wasn’t the warmest day, but John had hoods and booties as well wetsuits and the girls said they were nice and warm. John was very patient and explained everything really clearly. I would thoroughly recommend doing this if you’re looking for something a bit different in the area.

Date of experience: May 2018

Hiya, I’m so pleased that the girls had a fantastic time surfing. Thank you. J

Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

We had a great surf lesson with John. Neither of us had surfed before and John was very knowledgeable and encouraging teacher. The waves for our original time slot weren't looking great but John was really flexible and rearranged to a more suitable time. Good quality equipment including wet suits that kept us warm even during an overcast day in early May. Couldn't recommend this highly enough, well worth a try for anyone visiting the area!

Date of experience: May 2018

Hi Guys, I’m really pleased you had a fantastic experience riding waves. Thank you..

Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

We rang on the morning to book a session and 2 hours later we were wetsuits up and paddling off the beach at Amble. Great session for adults and children. John was a good instructor and a great value session

Date of experience: August 2017
Jon N, Owner at Northside Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2018

Hiya guys, first of all, sorry for the late response. Anyway I'm so pleased you had a great session & it was a pleasure to teach you...

Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

My husband had a lesson for his birthday. He'd only ever tried surfing once before, many years ago, so would be classed as a beginner. John, the owner and instructor was friendly, patient and an excellent teacher. I'd definitely recommend using Northside Surf School and will be returning for more lessons in the future!

Date of experience: August 2017

Hiya guys, first of all I'm sorry for the late response. I'm so pleased he had such a great time at my Surf School...!