“Thanks to Northside Surf School”

Northside Surf School
Ranked #4 of 17 things to do in Amble
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn To Surf/Stand Up Paddle,lessons and courses for all ages. Lessons on various beaches along Northumberland coast...Private beach road access to exclusive wave spot!! KIDS Bodyboarding/Surfing parties,STAG n HEN parties, GIFT vouchers available. Wetsuit,surfboard and bodyboard Hire available...Also online shop selling all surfing equipment!!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thanks to Northside Surf School”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Me and 3 other 40-somethings booked a bodyboarding lession and we are all still buzzing about it now and planning our next session. The value for money is superb, Jon is a friendly, encouraging person and what a superb location to do it! If you want fun and learn skills, go with Northside.

1 Thank Patrick L

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So good I keep on going”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have surfed at a few different surf schools but northside surf school has to be the best by far. Jon is a great teacher who makes you have fun and still feel safe. This is the perfect place for surfers of any level. The price is excellent for the quality of the service and I am looking forward to the next time I can go. If you get the opportunity, take it and ride that wave !!!!!

1 Thank HamishM159
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“The best fun in the North of England”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have surfed with Northside a few times and every time has been outstanding! And each time I do more standing myself! Jon is very friendly and professional, he puts you at ease and removes any fear that you may feel. I couldn't recommend this surf school more. The price is also very reasonable. Even in the cold months! And definitely a must for all the family!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A Cracking Day Out”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Have been surfing (as a novice) with Northside 4-5 times throughout the summer with my girlfriend, mates and kids and always have a great time. Jon's always friendly, willing to chat, give advice and always makes you feel welcome. The locations great too, just far enough not to attract loads of surfers, I come from Cullercoats with Tynemouth on my doorstep but would rather travel up the coast to enjoy peace and quite rather than the jostle of the posers here.
Great surf if you want to learn and have fun - highly recommended.

Visited August 2012
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“So much fun”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Just spent a fantastic afternoon with Jon, owner Northside Surf School. I had a couple of hours of one to one tuition with all kit in with the very reasonalbe price. Jon was friendly and professional and I felt safe and well prepared before we entered the water. I have never surfed before but now I know why surfers always talk up the sport so much, its totally addictive!

Jon gave me excellent tution and tips on improving, he was endlessly patient. I was not expecting anything from the lesson but by the end of the session I was up on the board, which considering I am a middle aged woman who is far from fit is all credit to Jons tuition! I would highly recommend Jon as a tutor he is very easy to talk to and I felf confident in his skills and I will be returning to join his weekend group sessions and I also intend trying to get a bunch of friends together to try the paddle board up the river session Jon runs. The northumberland coastline is so peaceful and quiet, I wasn't in the slightest bit cold and I didn't have to worry about getting in the way of experienced surfers or of being watched. Thanks for a brilliant time Jon and look forward to coming up agian in a few weeks time.