“Great coffee shop/restaurant in Whaley Bridge”
Review of Pear Tree Cafe

Pear Tree Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Have been going here once a week for the last 3 months and we are never disappointed. Food, drinks, setting and service are all fabulous! Keep up the good work, we don't want to lose you.

1  Thank JMT911

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We had lunch at the Pear Tree and it was warm enough to sit outside in the gated courtyard. We all had delicious meals and the staff were obliging when it came to a food allergy (they serve all their freshly made sandwiches on gluten free bread) and were happy to tailor-make a lunch for a fussy toddler. When we went upstairs to the main cafe to pay, it was interesting, clean and contemporary with nice furniture, prints, cards and mugs for sale. The vibe is relaxing with some fantastic homemade cakes too. The overall message is that the place is well cared for and so are the customers.

1  Thank Wins0me
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We're thinking of moving to the area and so visited this cafe today to get a feel for the local offerings. It was quiet for a Saturday afternoon, only one other couple, but it was a lovely, relaxing place with friendly staff and cosy furnishings. We had a pot of tea (was hoping for loose leaf but it was still a lovely brew) and homemade toasted tea cakes which were delicious. I can imagine coming here for a tasty fry up on a Sunday morning and do hope to be back. Very reasonably priced too.

1  Thank Louise_79
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Re-opened Dec 2012, nicely decorated with mismatching tables, local artists work on the walls, and clean. Friendly staff serving simple snacks and homemade cakes to go with the coffees etc. Seemed to be popular judging by the trade whenever we passed.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stopped briefly in Whaley Bridge on a Sunday afternoon in March when my husband noticed a sign on the side of an old house;' The Pear Tree cafe'. The opportunity to investigate could not be missed and my husband and our border collie dog watched me disappear down an old stone path which drops to a lower level of town near to the canal. The cafe is approached through a beautiful ornate gate which incorporated a pear tree design through this lies a small gravel courtyard with picnic tables and, I noticed, a friendly water bowl for our companion. When I entered the cafe door the aroma of coffee and imaginative entrance made me climb the stairs to the first floor cafe with excitement. I had stumbled upon a cafe that was not only housed in an unusual lovely building but interesting, quirky and quite unique. I immediately ran down to usher my husband and our dog to come over and we sat outside in the courtyard, out dog quite happy with my choice of venue. We ordered cappacino, latte, sandwiches from an interesting selection and all freshly prepared with a lovely side salad and pine nuts, plus orange sponge cake and more coffee. The young and friendly waitress brought everything to us including olive oil and balsamic vinegar to accompany the salad. I could not believe the quality of everything, the cleanliness the welcoming staff and the price which was extremely good. I am so looking forward to our return as places like this are quite unique.

2  Thank Elizabeth L