“A wonderful stay - would not hesitate to return”

Springbank Guest House
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
“A wonderful stay - would not hesitate to return”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We booked this to stay at while attending a family wedding. The welcome was very warm and friendly and the accommodation excellent. Our room was just as described but made even better by the many little extra touches. Breakfast in the morning was brilliant too. We wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed July 11, 2013

After driving through the peaks district, enjoying the sights, my husband and I were looking for a place to stay. Unknown to us, it was festival time and there were no rooms to be found in Bakewell or Buxton, so we carried on through more villages, finding nothing. Alas, the most beautiful and comfortable and charming stay was to be found in Whaley Bridge! We were so thrilled with this serendipitous gem, nestled in a quaint village. Susan is the perfect hostess, the breakfast was wonderful and we also enjoyed a local pub, a walk along the canal and shopping in the village below. It was the perfect stay for us!

Room Tip: We stayed in a beautifully decorated spacious room, en suite.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ktfiddle
Devonport, Australia
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This B&B is special. Susan has retained a warm homely Victorian feeling with the special guest bathroom, blue delft toilet, pictures, and scattered ornaments and nic nacs. It was so nice to have a guest lounge too. If you are without transport it is in a great position around the corner from the railway station and main street.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tasbeat
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed a lovely restful night at Springbank guest house.

Susan, I love the bath? Can I take it home with me? For any future guests, you MUST factor in at least half an hour of your stay to grab some me time in the most beautiful origional victorian bath!

The breakfast in the morning was lovely and my husband enjoyed the fresh coffee of which you have a choice of four different kinds.

I would certainly visit this guest house again when I am next in the area and I will be recommending it to friends.

Thank you Susan for a really lovely stay.

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I have just stated here for 3 nights- originally to be 2- but due to snow and a sore ankle I stayed another. And where do I start....

I stayed in the King size room which is absolutely gorgeous. It has a large original fireplace with stripped wooden floors with rugs and an amazing king size bed. This bed is so comfortable I overslept for breakfast one morning. The room has a TV and DVD player and the main channels but no satellite so don't expect sky. But this is not the place to be watching tv anyway quite honestly. There is however a large book case with many books to choose from.

The room had an ensuite with a shower and toilet..... But if that's not enough there is a lovely large bathroom with a very deep original Victorian bath just over the hall! This room has gorgeous deep red luxury carpet and the bath is heavenly, and there is a choice of bath foams to use and candles all ready- all you have to do us run the water and you're in. I actually spent nearly an hour in this bath after a long days walk in the snow capped hills with a glass of wine (see pics)

There is the Downstairs guest room with useful info about the area for guests an where breakfast is served. The full English is great with proper meaty sausages and smoked bacon and fresh local bread. As I overslept Susan (the owner)was great and still did a late breakfast at 940am- excellent. And there was a variety of fresh coffee beans for choosing your morning coffee.

Susan, The lady who runs this guest house is so accommodating and such a lovely lady made my stay so welcoming I will definitely be coming back. And she also welcomed my guide dog which was great and went the extra mile to ensure I had everything I needed. As a person who is partially sighted this is very reassuring. Finally on my last night as I had hurt my ankle she even brought a take away up to room After I ordered it!!! As I say superb, and fantastic value for money. If you're looking for a walking holiday this is the place to stay :))

• Stayed March 2013
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We spent one night here and it was fantastic. We were greeted upon arrival by a lovely lady called Susan. The room was very clean and welcoming. The bathroom although not used was amazing very deep bath. Breakfast was very nice and freshly cooked. Overall impressed to say the least. Will be recommending to friends and family and possibly returning too. Well done Springbank!!

Room Tip: Family en suite. Has king size bed and en suite shower and wc
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Runcorn, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We (2 couples) stayed at the Springbank Guesthouse as we were attending The Buxton Charity Ball in September 2012 and we couldn't get anywhere in Buxton as we left it too late. However, this turned out to be excellent as we found this guesthouse. The decoration is fantastic, the breakfast was homemade, the bed was extremely comfortable (king size) and the place was spotless.

The lady who ran the guesthouse was so friendly, which made the stay even better.

We will all definitely return here this summer.

One couple stayed in the king size room and the room parallel which had twin beds. Both rooms were awesome.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
#4 of 8 in Macclesfield
The Shady Oak
The Shady Oak
#3 of 4 in Whaley Bridge

Been to Springbank Guest House? Share your experiences!