“Cosy cafe with excellent home cooked grub and good atmosphere”
Review of The Front Room - CLOSED

The Front Room
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Called in on way to belfast for breakfast. Lovely quaint cafe. Chef/owner good guy, friendly. Food excellent and homemade....and as I always like a decent cup o coffee- it was perfect! Easy on the purse too. Need to go back for lunch as I def will. Well worth checking out-if in or around randalstown. Good kids play park beside also.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I and our young daughter were met by one of the two friendly chefs and showed us to our table.Prices were affordable and matched by the superb but simple quality of the food.Less than £20 for 3 courses and child's drink + 2 coffees.Very clean and cozy ambience.We were told that we could bring a bottle of wine to have with our meal the next time (a must have). We"ll definitely be back!!! It is close to a children's play-park so it could be very useful for some bites. Highly recommended

1  Thank Ciaran G
Reviewed February 21, 2013

So glad the forge has been taken over, the new ownership and staff could not be more friendly and the cafe itself has been completely re-done, making it a cosy yet spacious place with a lovely atmosphere. The food was amazing and at such a reasonable price, I was surprised at the amount of options on the menu, from traditional soups to specials. I would reccomend The Front Room to everyone, it's perfect for an early breakfast, filling lunch and dinner or even popping in for the homemade bakery goods after taking the kids to the park which is located very close to the Cafe. I'll be returning again for my favouirite meal of potato wedges, bacon, cheese and chilli sauce!

2  Thank Dermot M
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This place has new owners and is well improved! The interior is clean and tidy and the staff attentive - a big change from previously! Went there for lunch - a very varied choice, we had trouble deciding as so many dishes sounded good. Everything we had was excellent but we had to wait 40 mins until it was ready. It is all cooked freshly in a tiny kitchen which I appreciate can take a little time. Maybe if there was less choice it may hurry things up? Other diners were having coffee and tray bakes which also looked good. Would definitely recommend the lunches here as long as you have plenty of time to spare! They also do a Sunday lunch - I might go back fot that!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

i had called in wit my mum for some lunch on a sat, the staff was so friendly and chatty, and very polite, food was lovely, a real relaxin place with such a friendly atmosphere will differenty call back again.