9,368 results
All reviews beach bungalow our waiter fish our honeymoon sea plane sunset cruise white party main reception room boy allocated restaurant white night a la carte restaurants main area north side beach restaurant all inclusive package mini bar
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have just returned from a weeks stay and we can’t praise the resort, the staff and the food enough. It was our first stay and we were so well looked after, Aurena on arrival, Bond who looked after our meals and Kalay in the water sports centre were brilliant. We will definitely be heading back next September.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We recently stayed 4 nights in a Sangu Water Villa (after 2 busy weeks in Sri Lanka) and it was very relaxing. Great 40min sea plane ride from Male was fabulous although we had to wait 2 hours for our plane. The Sangu Resort was beautiful, very quiet and lovely beaches. We walked around the whole island which was great and enjoyed watching the Sharks and Stingrays off the jetty in the evening. The food in the Sangu Restaurant was very good and we enjoyed the different themes. Service was great in the Restaurant and the Villa with very friendly staff throughout the island. This was our first visit to the Maldives and it was one of the most beautiful places we have been.

1  Thank janineor
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The entrance from the sea plane after an 8 and a half hour to the hotel was an amazing start with the drums playing and an ice cold drink of your choice whilst the reception team check you in. The bags were in our room before we even got to it which was brilliant as wanted to explore the island straight away. Our room was cleaned twice a day, morning and whilst we were at dinner which was brilliant! The staff were brilliant at the bars and you get your own waitor at dinner which made the experience and holiday even better. The spa, water sports and excursions included within the deal were brilliant and not “cheap” which you expect when they are included! We are currently trying to rebook and would recommend to anyone who is looking for a luxury holiday

1  Thank emmabP8927XD
Maria k, S&M at Kuredu Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear emmabP8927XD,

Sunny greetings from Kuredu Island Resort & Spa and thank you for sharing your recent holiday memories with us.

We are incredibly delighted to have contributed to an unforgettable holiday of tropical bliss for you and that you have particularly enjoyed the natural charm of our beautiful Island, the immaculately clean Villas, our exceptional service, variety of tantalizing cuisine, as well as the revitalizing Duniye Spa experiences.

We do hope it is not too long until we welcome you back for another idyllic holiday in a tropical paradise, which you can check on our website for all your planning and booking needs.

Kind regards,

Patrick De Staercke, General Manager,
Kuredu Island Resort & Spa

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Amazing place !! Was like paradise enjoyed everything especially the couldn’t fault it in anyway it was perfect. The staff are really helpful & friendly the food is amazing, entertainment every night and different themes in the restaurants also plenty to do if you want & you will be sure to see the dolphins when you go on the boat.

1  Thank DHawksworth

Dear DHawksworth,

Thank you for sharing the impressions of your holiday experience here at our beautiful island resort Kuredu!

It is most delightful to know you have so thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and are grateful for your kind compliments on everything Kuredu has to offer, including our superb location, engaging evening entertainment, delightful cuisine featuring different themes and personalized service, especially.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the shores of Kuredu for another wonderful holiday. Please do not hesitate to book your next holiday on our website.

Yours sincerely,

Patrick De Staercke, General Manager,
Kuredu Island Resort & Spa

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

As I always say when i write my reviews, this is from my experience and don't wish to put anybody off their holidays, you can make up your own minds.
I booked this holiday in October 2018 and this was my fourth visit to Kuredu a place I've always called my second home. On all my previous visits I have stayed in the Sangu resort in villa 512, so in February 2019 I contacted the island via email requesting the same room. The reply I got was that rooms are allocated 24hrs prior to your arrival and they would do everything they could to accommodate my request, upon arrival I was excited but then very quickly disappointed as I had been given 533. So we just accepted this and got on with the holiday, then I noticed that for the whole period of our stay my original room that I requested was vacant throughout my visit. Not very great customer services.
On our arrival we were met at the jetty by a rather grumpy young lady who rather than welcoming you to kuredu with a happy smiling face, just barked orders like a sergeant major at us telling us not to go anywhere until she was ready. Her face was a picture,"of this is really a chore and I can't be bothered," what a great start to the holiday we were having!!! So we were marched off down to the Akiri bar to the sound of drums and clapping, again there was no smiling happy faces, laboured clapping and the feeling of " just hurry up and sit down as we need to get on with things" I really felt sorry for the visitors who were on there first visit as this impression would remain with them.
As previously mentioned we were allocated room 533, the room itself was spotless and maintained daily by Afthar our room boy, the bed was decorated saying welcome back, nice touch. The room itself was showing signs of age and very dated, a 2 inch gap at the top of the entrance, rotting in the bottom corner, wardrobes squeaking that loud that the neighbouring villas could hear you open and close it and the outside decking showing signs of wear and tear with screws sticking up and big shards of decking about to break off, photos to follow.
Dining in the Sangu restaurant is always a happy experience, we walked in and were immediately recognised by Rahman 26 years service, Hassan who was eventually our waiter, Ayya, Naaz and of course who can forget the happy smiling face of Sarjan. We soon got into the swing of things and it didn't take the staff long to rekindle old friendships. The menu in all the restaurants is the same as its on a two week rotation. We find this good so that when certain nights are due we could actually book into one or more of the al la carte restaurants. Unfortunately for us we attended the "Roast Night" I must say that this was the worst meal I have ever eaten in all my four visits. The beef looked like it was going to get up and start walking off the hot plate, the pork chops look as though they were from ICELAND ( the shop not country), I had the lamb from the rotisserie which was served as a lump of crispy fat on the outside and a lump of under cooked fat below it, food poisoning waiting to happen. No wonder there was a queue of app 20 guests waiting for a dish of chicken to be served.Totally ruined our evening. When we mentioned this to Naax he said he was sorry and that this would be addressed at the following morning meeting. I know Paul King has been there a few years now and that you can't please everyone all the time, but in general he does an excellent job providing food of high quality to 800 guests 3 times daily.
As the holiday went on the more places you eat and drink in then they tend to start passing out surveys to be filled out about there service and food on every visit? Why? If you had a comments book in all the different areas it would cut down on the amount of paper you use and could be checked on a daily basis by a duty manager/s. These managers could then base themselves in any of the dining areas for the length of service to deal with any issues that arise, rather than a quick 5 mins here and there????
Costs on the island are starting to rocket, we noticed that everything now is becoming more and more a competition to try and keep up with Hurawahli. Dining packages $250 + Hiring of the bullet bar for three hours $299 even the price of laundry has gone through the roof $15 for a pair of trousers to be dry cleaned and an extra $5 for pressing,photo shoot $250.Guests pay a fair amount just to get here seriously Patrick the pricing needs to be looked at, if you lowered the prices for you dining experiences and excursions I'm sure you would attract a lot more business.
Overall we had a relatively good time, due to the fact of the the majority of staff you have on the island who make your holiday what it is, a special mention must go to the following, Hassan waiter in the Sangu,Naax,Ayya,Asim and Rahman. To Nick and Darsh in the Sangu bar always good company and friendly and of course Sarjan the chef.
Will I be back for my 5th visit, I doubt it very much. All the above points have been passed to Patrick and I await his response.
Many thanks for reading

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank gazza810