First when you arrive in Male you are bussed to the hotel lounge where drinks are complimentary and in an air conditioned room which is very comfortable waiting for your air taxi which can be an hour or 2.
Air taxi takes 40 minutes and in our case can not be the first stop, so take some water and prepare yourself because there is no air con in those air taxis but have your camera on you ready for the view outside!!
We read (like you probably) that its best to take hand luggage with you in a back pack say sun cream, swim wear, hat, book and other small necessities. This really only rings true if you leave or arrive on Mondays - thats when your luggage doesn't fly with you. HOWEVER do it all the same as we flew with our luggage but it was about 3 hours before we saw it at our beach villa.
We had a beach villa which was lush and was cleaned twice a day, with 1 litre of water complimentary. Good selection of TV channels and a safe complimentary.
We were at the O resort which was beauitful and only a 5 minute walk to the O restaurant and bar. Service was brilliant all day. You get assigned a waitor rather than hit and hope when you turn up, so that same waitor serves you for all 3 meals.
On the island there are 2 types of AI, we were on the cheaper one but all in all there is very little difference when you read the info manuals in the room. The only things not included are cocktails however all soft drinks, beers and any combination involving gin, whiskey, vodka, rum and something else - which lets be honest covers most drinks you could possibly want and the mini bar is complimentary on the expensive AI.....thats about it quite frankly.
Sun cream on the island was priced at $38 so bring your own!!!
Anything you buy in any of the shops gets charged to your room so dont worry about currency, just be sure to have $1 bills for tipping. Although looking round we were the ONLY couple doing that in the resort.
Golf was $12 per person.
I bought a baseball cap for $25
You get an introductory massage on All inclusive, a 30 minute massage was $41
You also get a free sunset cruise on AI as well.
You can walk round the entire island in under 25 minutes right around the beach parts and it does not take long to walk anywhere on the island no matter where your villa or room is quite frankly.
The whole experience was brilliant and the best we have ever experienced and we were expecting to put the armour on after reading some reviews.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kuredu Island Resort & Spa, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Kuredu, in Lhaviyani Atoll. It is 1800 meters long by 325 meters wide, about 57 Hectares (143 acres). Your seaplane transfer from Velana International Airport is a scenic, 40 minute flight. The 383 Rooms include 10 Sultan Pool Villas including 1 Villa Family Suite, 50 Sangu Water Villas including 1 Honeymoon Suite, 100 Jacuzzi Beach Villas, 93 Beach Villas, 90 Beach Bungalows & 40 Garden Bungalows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Agoda, Cancelon, Travelocity, TravelUp, Expedia, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kuredu Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuredu Island Hotel Kuredu
- Kuredu Island Resort And Spa
- Hotel Kuredu Island
- Kuredu Island Maldives
- Kuredu Maldives
- Kuredu Island Resort Maldives
- Kuredu Island Resort & Spa Maldives