First the bad things- no can't think of any
Now the good things and everything else,
We flew with ba, had worse flights and had better, but the seaplane flight was excellent and an experience. From getting to the terminal and the wait for the seaplane with drinks and cold towels.
The welcome was nice and the introduction to our water villa in the O resort was great with our luggage being delivered about two hours later.
When we go again (easter 2016) we will put our toothbrushes and small change of clothes in our hand luggage.
The villa was everything you would want and more. It was 20 meters from the sea. We stayed in room 290 and as far as we were concerned it was in a perfect location just far enough from the restaurant without being to far and about the same from the main resort area.
The room was cleaned three times a day by a really nice man who could not be faulted in any way.
The food was nice with a lot of variation. Each night was a theme night with a live bar for lunch and dinner. The live bar was manned by a chef called Kiron who always had a smile on his face.
We was served by Ahoo who was very efficient, friendly and attentive.
We snorkelled a lot and saw rays, a shark, a good variety of fish and turtles. Although there was a reef due to the wind at the time my wife gained the confidence for it. My only thought is slight concern is that perhaps a house reef could be built closer to the shore.
I went diving with prodivers and they was extremely professional with some good diving. I saw a manta and more turtles but due to the weather did not see any sharks, but you can't book wildlife to be where you want.
We stayed for for twelve nights and the weather was perfect for eight but we had a tropical storm for three days. With wind and rain. The wind was quite strong on the o resort side but not on the other.
I can honestly say it was the best and most relaxing holiday I have had and would recommend to anyone.
One more thing is that most importantly which goes to show wonderful customer service my wife left her bracelet either in the room or lost it when we was leaving. We emailed the resort and two days later firky got back to us and said they had found it and would be sending it on. This I cannot thank them enough for.
Many thanks for a wonderful holiday and see you again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kuredu Island Resort & Spa, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Kuredu, in Lhaviyani Atoll. It is 1800 meters long by 325 meters wide, about 57 Hectares (143 acres). Your seaplane transfer from Velana International Airport is a scenic, 40 minute flight. The 383 Rooms include 10 Sultan Pool Villas including 1 Villa Family Suite, 50 Sangu Water Villas including 1 Honeymoon Suite, 100 Jacuzzi Beach Villas, 93 Beach Villas, 90 Beach Bungalows & 40 Garden Bungalows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kuredu Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuredu Island Hotel Kuredu
- Kuredu Island Resort And Spa
- Hotel Kuredu Island
- Kuredu Island Maldives
- Kuredu Maldives
- Kuredu Island Resort Maldives
- Kuredu Island Resort & Spa Maldives