β€œπŸŒ΄πŸŒ΄πŸΉπŸΈπŸ§πŸπŸŒ…β›΅πŸŒ΄πŸŒ΄β€

Kuredu Island Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kuredu
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit to the beautiful island of Kuredu what can I say the Maldives never fails to amaze. Stunning views from the O beach villas clean accommodation great food lovely staff nothing bad to say would recommend this island to all. Considering it was the start of the monsoon season we had some fantastic weather. Massive thank you to Alim great to see you again we will be back.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank rosieangel123
KenFlockhart, General Manager at Kuredu Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Dear Rosie,
Congratulations for the most original review title so far!! I am delighted you were just as impressed with your second visit and appreciate your recommendation. I will pass your comments to the Culinary Team, Housekeeping and, of course, Alim.
We are all looking forward to welcoming you back again for your third visit!

Best regards from all of us at Kuredu Island Resort and Spa.

General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,870)

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Tour Operator: Hayes & Jarvis
Flights: Emirates

After a fantastic journey (via Dubai) to Male on the A380 we were whisked off to the Trans Maldivan sea plane terminal - about a 10 minute minibus ride from arrivals. *Note 20 Kg baggage allowance on seaplane, despite having 30 Kg on Emirates*. The seaplane took around 40 minutes to get to Kuredu, around 80 miles from Male.

We arrived on the island to be greeted by the staff, and the drums at the end of the jetty. Cold towel and non-alcoholic cocktail followed. We were then taken via Golf buggy to the O resort and issued our room and taken there by the O resort host.

2 weeks of diving, eating and drinking followed.

We had a choice of eating at 3 restaurants (as they're currently undergoing renovation on part of the island) but we only ever ate at the O restaurant - a fantastic range of food and the best bit.... No children!

The local dive centre is run by Pro Divers who are fantastic! Always willing to help with the best snorkeling sites and of course the Scuba diving also. Prices are very reasonable and they will always do their best to ensure you get the best out of your dives.

This was our second time in the Maldives, first time at Kuredu. I'd definitely recommend Kuredu if you're after a more active visit to the Maldives.

Room Tip: O Resort is fantastic if you have no children as under 12's aren't allowed.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Mikerman42

Dear Mike,
Sunny regards from all of us at Kuredu Island Resort and Spa. I am thrilled you had a fantastic stay diving, eating and drinking!
The Team at Prodivers are deserving of your praise. They have unrivaled experience here in the Maldives and the abundant marine life compliments them perfectly. I am pleased to read you enjoyed the ambiance of the O Resort. The policy of 12 years and over ensures a great atmosphere for all meal periods.
Once again Mike, thank you for sharing your Kuredu memories with us. We very much value your recommendation and hope to welcome you back with the now famous jetty reception very soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Mr Flockhart you and your team run a fabulous resort and on behalf of me, my wife Charlotte and our good friends Ash and Di who have been 3 times previously thank you
Accommodation was very comfortable
Food was superb
Staff were so friendly and easy to get on with
Plenty of activities if you wanted them
White party was amazing and it was my wife's birthday which made it special
Pool party was great until a shower came along and put an early end to it all
I am still missing the island now and that is unusual for me
Will be back for sure

THANKS AGAIN and see you again soon

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hippo1968

Dear Robert,
Tropical greetings from all the Team at Kuredu Island Resort and Spa. Please give our regards to Charlotte, Ash and Di. Thank you for the great review. It sounds like you had a fabulous time. The White Parties are fantastic, a real Kuredu favourite! The Wednesday, Eighties themed, Pool Parties are very much at the mercy of the weather but even in the rare event of a shower the fun continues in Babuna Bar.
On behalf of all the team from your second home here in the Maldives, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I cannot recommend this hotel/resort/holiday highly enough.
I have been to some fantastic places but this is a close to paradise as you'll get.
The island is extremely well kept and full of great wildlife.
The hotel is run very efficiently by a team of friendly, hard working staff who make you feel like you are their very first guests.
Food served in the many restaurants is of very high quality, some of which is cooked in front of you.
The accommodation is also of a very high standard, including beach side locations, mini bar, tv and music dock and outdoor bathroom!!
If you enjoy snorkelling the variety of the marine life and coral is breathtaking.
All in all, an excellent holiday and we plan to return very soon.

Room Tip: Beach villas are a great standard, doesn't really matter from a location point of view as they a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ScoAce

Dear ScoAce,
Greetings from all of us at Kuredu Island Resort and Spa. Thank you for the fantastic review.
The snorkeling is indeed world class with an abundance of marine life to be seen.
I have passed on your comments to the Culinary and Housekeeping Teams regarding the food and accommodation quality, thank you.
It is a real pleasure to read you will be booking for a return holiday and we look forward to welcoming you back to Paradise very soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We’re currently sitting in room 302 one on the β€œO” villa sitting directly on the beach with fantastic views of the sea. This is a great location as we get a pleasant wind during the day cooling things down a little, the other side seems hotter by comparison. The island is large by comparison to other Maldivian Islands we have been too but this has the advantage of having more things to do if required such as golf, diving and a football pitch. We go to the β€œO” bar for most meals and although the island is full and the Sangu restaurant is closed it doesn’t feel too crowded. The food is not good in my opinion, not through lack of choice or variety but because they put so much salt on/in everything making most things inedible to my wife and I. The food also tends to be just about warm unfortunately this includes the fresh fruit and yogurt. The closure of the Sangu restaurant has not impacted on any of our enjoyment of the holiday, no noise or dust when we have walked past.
The β€œO” villas are well equipped with a fridge, Nespresso coffee maker, iPod dock (old connection) and TV with a couple of English film channels and BBC world news, along with French, German and Chinese TV channels. The bed is large and very comfortable. The AC is great. The plugs are UK style so no adaptors required for UK residents. There are also a couple of multi plugs under the desk at the back for Euro, US and Aus. type plugs. The Wi-Fi is free (great) and is good enough for email and Skype (please note if you have rain or bad weather the Wi-Fi can go down) Re Skype we have also been able to do video calls. If you need better/faster internet then you can pay $15/hour or $25/day.

This is a great Island to visit, you can just relax or get up and do something. The only downside for me is the food, (I have spoken to the reception a couple of times about the salt to no avail). Would I come back or recommend, a definite YES.
Please also note that that the weather forecast for Kuredu on the weather websites are hopeless, we have had great weather on the whole with 15 mins of rain one day and rain throughout the night, so please do not let this put you off visiting at this time of the year (July)

I will post another update when I get back

Room Tip: Room 302 is a O villa and has loverly views direct to the sea and sunset
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
8  Thank Paul_Webb

Dear Paul,
Thank you for your β€œin the moment” review whilst still here enjoying the magic of Kuredu Island Resort and Spa. I am delighted you are enjoying the benefits of Kuredu; being the second largest island resort in the Maldives. It does offer more options for our guests either wanting a bit of activity or at the same time there is an abundance of relaxation for those winding down. It was good to meet you on Thursday evening and learn that you are having a fabulous time. As I explained I sincerely apologize and am very disappointed that your comments to Reception were not made known to me earlier in your stay. I will look into why this happened. On the whole, the food quality gets consistently good feedback but it often comes down to personal taste. As we discussed I will be talking to the O Kitchen Team to be aware and I will be sharing your other comments with them. I am pleased that there was always enough variety for you. It was great to hear you have so enjoyed the location of the O Beach Villa with the cooling breeze and uninterrupted views out to the lagoon.
Once again Paul, thank you for making the time to meet me. Your feedback is vital for us to keep improving and maintain the high standards we set ourselves to achieve. I was delighted that you will be returning to Kuredu. Have a safe journey home and see you soon!

Owen Ealden, Executive Chef,
on behalf of Ken Flockhart, General Manager.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I just arrived from Kuredu where I spent two wonderful and unforgettable weeks and birthday. It was like paradise. I must thank to all people who work there because thanks to theme we have a good time and holidays.
I do not regret having stayed there. If I do I will be someone who likes nothing. How can I regret if I had good time and good services where ever I went?
I want to thank to staff manager for being so kind upgrading our room. Also I want to thank to the personnel in the Koamas Restaurant, very specially to Ahmed (despite that he never smiled), to Asmeer in the O’ Restaurant, to our housekeeper Rameer (I hope that you son in getting better), to the waiter in the Restaurant FRancos.
I will not make critics but suggestions to the excursion bureau. They must be proactive, making suggestions to the customer, and not letting the customer to find out solutions. The excursion staff must give options if one excursion cannot be done.
I must say that the excursion are more expensive that those in Bora Bora. That is the only critic I can do.
I recommend without regret this resort where you will relax and have a good time

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
KenFlockhart, General Manager at Kuredu Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear jlpietri,
Greetings from all the Team at Kuredu Island Resort and Spa. Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted you enjoyed your visit and am very proud of the staff who were deserving of your recognition and praise. I will pass on your comments to Ahmed, Asmeer, Rameer and the Franco's Team. Thank you also for your feedback regarding the excursions. It is through such information that we are constantly enhancing the Kuredu experience. We are truly thankful for your recommendation. I hope we can soon welcome you back to paradise.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

From the moment we stepped of the plane in Male we were treated like royalty, the people of the maldives a kind, and generous and the island itself is breath taking. We stayed in the Sangu Water villas and whilst it was very disappointing that the Sangu Restaurant was closed for refurbishment and a little inconvenient especially at breakfast times, the staff did all they could to make out stay perfect. The water villias are very luxurious and we were very lucky to have loads of fish swimming directly beneath our villa, and we were perfectly situated for the evening sunset. We went for out 25th wedding anniversary and I would highly recommend this island to everyone, loads to do from Snorkeling ( I learnt to snorkle whilst we were there), to boat trips, water sports swimming, and of course walking and sun bathing.The food was lovely and all of course very fresh and mainly cooked in front of you to your liking and oh the spa is amazing, definitely worth a trip. You really do not need shoes whilst staying as every where is covered is soft white sand but if you do then sandles or flip flops would be more than enough. Both my husband and I had a wonderful time and I could go on about how lovely this island is but I think you get the message, I am sure you will love it as much as we did

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kjpro01

Dear Kjpro01,
Silver anniversary congratulations from all of us at Kuredu Island Resort and Spa. Thank you for your review. I am delighted you so enjoyed the Sangu Water Villa; probably the best way to experience the Maldives and the resident marine life. I do appreciate that it could be sometimes inconvenient during the temporary closure of Sangu Restaurant and Bar for the pool installation and refurbishment. So far the work has caused minimal disruption and I am very pleased to read that my Teams efforts made for a perfect stay. I am delighted you also enjoyed a few activities from the many on offer at Ocean Watersports to a sensual treatment at the hands of the fabulous ladies from Duniye Spa. Chef Owen and the Culinary Team are very proud of your recognition and kind words.
On behalf of all the team, I wish you and your husband many more happy anniversaries and hopefully a few more here at Kuredu!

General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuredu
Cheval Blanc Randheli
#1 of 1 in Kanuhura
Soneva Jani
Soneva Jani
#1 of 1 in Medhufaru

Been to Kuredu Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!