“Honeymoon in PARADISE”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kuredu
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Honeymoon in PARADISE”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed 14 nights in a Sangu Water Villa here for our honeymoon in October 2013. Having stayed in some of the best hotels and locations all over the world, we would be more than happy to return to this resort anytime. The friendly staff can't do enough for you, The food was out of this world, and the resort itself was clean and well presented. We wanted turquoise sea, and white sands and we found exactly that here.

Don't waste your luggage allowance packing shoes, as most of the time you just walk around barefoot, including evening meal! Free unlimited wifi in the Water Villas is a huge bonus, as is the dedicated child free Sangu restaurant and the free spa session.

We would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this amazing relaxing island, and is without doubt, the closest place to paradise we have ever been.

Room Tip: Sangu Water Villa if your budget will stretch to it
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Chris_and_Sonia1
KenFlockhart, General Manager at Kuredu Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Chris & Sonia,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Kuredu Island Resort & Spa.
Like so many other Honeymoon guests, the choice of a Sangu Water Villa is a good decision as it not only offers you the child free environment of the Sangua restaurant and bar but it is also probably the nicest part of the island especially as the sun sets over the sandbank.
Due to numerous guest comments we now offer complimentary wifi in all room categories which is for many a pleasant surprise but neccessary even when on vacation
We hope it will not be too long before we welcome you back to the "closest you will get to Paradise".

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,463)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

I am now still staying in Kuredu resort but i feel so insulted by some staffs here...

My husband and I visited many places and countries but have never been feel so offensive and insulted...

I work with a MNC based in Singapore and i have many Caucasian colleagues who are close to me as friends..some of them highly recommended me to choose this resort after their pleasant stays here...lastly, we decided to choose Kuredu resort in Maldives as our destination for the 2nd honeymoon after gathering so many good feedback. However. .it is a paradise probably not for us...we feel Asians are not welcomed here... =( I am so upset and sent the message to my colleagues in Singapore who are shocked that we are treated in this way...I mean not all the staffs behave like that...but quite a number of them though...

The minute right after we reached the resort, we fell in love with this beautiful place! All the staffs seemed to be so friendly and interact friendly with the guests..but not to us...

As soon as all other guests were led by their assigned city host, we saw they were treated the best and been shown around..we had a quick breakfast there and met our city host who didn't smile much to us like others and he briefly went through the all-inclusive package we booked and some complimentary vouchers for photoshoot and welcome massage. .

Everything was so brief and we were brought to our room right after that...we thought it is okay..we just wanted to enjoy our time here..it is okay if he didn't show us around like what others have been treated in that way...he could be busy or something else..

This resort is extremely nice and friendly staffs are all around. .but again..not every staffs are friendly to us...or we should say some.of them tend to just ignore us as guests here=( I'm a Malaysian Chinese and my husband is a Singaporean Chinese..both of us are English-spoken persons...I am wondering why are we treated in that way...whenever we are in the restaurant we always need to wait for someone to offer us something while others are always been attended promptly as soon as they found a seat. There is a waiter who is extremely nice named Amir. Apparently, he is so far the only one who smiles at us all the time and has been so friendly to us..we would like to bring his good service to the management too=)

...the cooks at the live cooking sections, 1 of them who is closer to the exit is very neutral and also very friendly to us but not the other one who stationed near the fridge which stores the wine..he didn't smile to us when we approached him for foods or talk to us..but he does that to other guests...and when I said thank you..he even repeated what I said...I felt so offensive and insulted...my husband and I are still confusing what has gone wrong here...

Anyway...we are still in such a depressed mood and upset though...hopefully the remaining day of stay here could be a happy one..

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Flyflyfly821
KenFlockhart, General Manager at Kuredu Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Ang & Chong,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Kuredu Island Resort & Spa.
It is unfortunate that your review has taken a few days to be published and since then you have departed as I would have welcomed the opportunity to meet with you personally to discuss your concerns.
It is alarming to read that you felt ignored by one or two Team Members. I can assure you that this is not the norm as is highlighted by the many excellent reviews we receive from our guests that have experienced wonderful service in all areas of the resort.
I will ensure that your Waiter Amir is acknowledgd for the high standards he has provided.
Despite your disappointments, I hope that we will have the honor of hosting you again in Kuredu.

Newmarket, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This was the MOST amazing holiday I could ever have imagined, let alone experienced. The island is beautiful, the hotel is luxurious, the food to die for, and the staff are the most friendly and welcoming I have ever come across. Worth every penny (although we did get a good deal), and a place I will never forget - I will be back as soon as I can afford it.
All the staff should be so proud of what they are part of, and I can only congratulate the management on their choice of people, and the ethos with which they run this resort.
Please keep it up and DON'T CHANGE A THING!!!!
All our love,
Lucy Grieve & Anthony Goodwin
PS. Just do not book with "Luxury Holidays To" - they almost ruined our holiday - salvaged from disaster by an amazing Emirates employee who took pity on us... I shall be reviewing this Tour Operator/Travel Agent!!!

Room Tip: Jacuzzi Beach Villas were just perfect, and on the best beach in our opinion!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lucy and Anthony,
Happy New Year greetings from all of us. Thank you very much for the review of your recent stay at Kuredu Island Resort and Spa. The whole team are delighted and most proud that you so enjoyed our slice of paradise and they created such a memorable experience for you. Our Team Members are certainly our most valuable asset. I can assure you any changes made will only enhance the enjoyment of your next visit.
Once again Lucy, thank you for sharing your fabulous holiday memories with us. I look forward to welcoming you and Anthony back very soon.

gloucester
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This was our fourth trip to the island and things just keep getting better!!

Starting from the beginning - we flew with Emirates from Birmingham to Male (via Dubai), experience has shown us that the 2pm flight is the best as it is scheduled to arrive in Male for about 8am and therefore allows a reasonable amount of time for any delays / complications whilst ensuring that you will arrive in time for your seaplane transfer to the island. Pleased to say that we didn't have any delays this time round and we were in the 'Kuredu lounge' at the sea plane terminal for about 9am. We had a couple of hours wait and then boarded the plane for a truly amazing 45 minute flight to Kuredu.

On arrival we were quickly checked in and put in a taxi to our room - beach bungalow 441 - it was our first time we have stayed in a BB and to be honest it was much nicer than we had expected (previous visits were in Jacuzzi Beach Villas), the rooms were a little smaller however the view was still as beautiful!! All amenities are still there with the exception of a TV (which we have never watched). Wifi in the rooms was a welcome addition on this visit - it meant we could keep in touch with things at home and meant that the Akiri bar wasn't always full with the glow of iPads and laptops every evening!! 30 minutes free of charge each day was more than sufficient and the wifi was of a good strength.

As we were in a different room type we were also in a different restaurant - the food was still 10 out of 10 both in its variety and in its quality, in fact i would say the food has managed to improve - especially the puddings.

All of the staff that we came across on the island are exceptionally polite and friendly, and they take the phrase 'nothing is too much' to the absolute limit - regardless of their jobs all the way from the GM to the ladies and gents that sweep the paths and the beaches.

We were fortunate enough to be there when Kuredu was celebrating its' 25th Birthday, and they really put on an extra special show 6 days in a row - they held a street party with food from over 20 different countries, local costume and dancing from all over the world. The amount of effort that goes into such an event must have been immense and not to mention to get it all cleared away by the following morning.

Having met the new Golf Pro (Joanne) at the pool chipping contest I decided to play a round of golf on the islands golf course, a fantastically stunning 6 hole golf course (average hole length circa 55m), maintained beautifully and i would strongly recommend anybody giving it a go.

The weather in December was good, i would say it was low 30's everyday and i think it rained three times in the two weeks we were there (no longer than 30 mins at a time) and there was often a nice breeze in the evening to keep things cool.

My wife visited the spa on a number of occasions and says that it is the best spa that she has ever been to (and trust me she as been to plenty!!) Candice and her team do an absolutely fantastic job and we would say it is an absolute must for anyone wanting to treat themselves. (You get a free 15 minute taster session so try it out for yourselves)

Other things to mention - the pool is kept spotlessly clean at all times and is a very pleasant place to spend the day, and a very pleasant place to spend an evening in the cool breeze - Nick the barman will always welcome you with a warm and friendly smile and a mean cocktail. Every night at about 5.30pm staff and guests play volleyball by the Akiri bar which is a good way to shed a few extra calories that you will no doubt accumulate with Owen's stunning food.

The regular White and Maldivian nights are a must visit, which brings me onto one of my personal highlights and that is the staff at the Babuna Bar - Sarath, Lalaith, Iresh and the rest of the team there make every visit to the bar a much more pleasurable one.

All in all i would say if you are reading this review because you are thinking about going then go for it - Kuredu has a wide age range of guests, the options to do little or a lot, virtually guaranteed sunshine and the friendliest staff you will meet anywhere in the world.

We will certainly return.

Room Tip: All of the rooms that we have seen are fantastic - if you can afford the higher end then go for it...
6 Thank berniedog74
Dear Kieron,
I am pleased to hear you and Helen arrived home safely and I trust you both had a fantastic New Year celebration.
Thank you for the comprehensive review of your 4th stay at Kuredu Island Resort and Spa. It is great news to read you have noticed improvements each time you come home to see us. Yourself, Helen and the many other members of our Repeat Guest family made the week of celebrations the success it was. As you point out, the Street Market event was a real highlight. Nick, Sarath, Lalith and Iresh are very proud to be recognized by you, once again, for their professional and impeccable service. Candice and the rest of the wonderful Duniye Spa Team are looking forward to Helen returning later this year to show off their amazing new treatment menu. Likewise, Joanne and Owen are delighted you enjoyed both the golf and the many culinary delights we have on offer.
Once again Kieron, it was a pleasure having you and Helen with us for our very special anniversary events. Myself and all the team are looking forward to welcoming you back in October.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

This was a last minute trip for us. The resort is larger than we normally stay at, so we were skeptical about what to expect. I have to say that I was very impressed with the way they run it like several smaller resorts...but you have all the options and amenities of a larger resort. We stayed in the Sangu Resort - in a water villa. The staff at the restaurant was top notch - special shout out to Ayya and the crew there. The team at Prodivers were efficient, helpful and skilled. While we weren't a fan of the world market festival due to the number of guests - it was cool to interact with more of the staff, and let them show off their homelands and favorite foods. My husband is picky - and we've been to some amazing small island resorts - and he is ranking this at the top of his list. Oh yeah, and did we forget to mention the amazing snorkeling and diving available near or a bit further afield? But - one thing not to miss is Robinson Crusoe Island getaway...not an overnight for us - but a great way to spend a day...I'd recommend two half-days!

Room Tip: We thought we'd want an end unit, but it really didn't matter. We were smack in the middle...
2 Thank JenAtoZ
KenFlockhart, General Manager at Kuredu Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear Jen,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Kuredu Island Resort and Spa.
Having booked a Sangu Water Villa you will have benefitted from the more intimate and adult only environment of the surroundings at Sangu but still have been able to explore the whole island at your free will.
The Food & Beverage Team at Sangu and the excellent Prodivers Team will be very appreciative of your words of praise.
As you found out, a half day excursion to our private island is an experience not to be overlooked and an overnight stay will appeal to the more adventurous.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Kuredu again one day.

Happy New Year.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Absolutely fantastic Honeymoon in the Maldives. We stayed in a beach bungalow, rooms were immaculate and the outdoor bathroom was lovely. We ate at the bonti restaurant and our waiter fulhu was great and always had our table and drinks ready for us. The chefs who made breakfast were great and the restaurant staff were always happy and service was always with a smile. There were theme nights in one of the bars and we extremely enjoyed the maldivian night finding out about the history of the Maldives. On the 3rd night we got a call in our room to offer us a free upgrade to the water villa which we excitedly accepted! the water villas were right on the other side of the island but they were absolutely stunning with a beautiful view and steps right into the ocean. It is quite dark at night so its good to carry a torch with you if you are going to be back late as the lights on the deck are quite dim. The bar at the end of the jetty is also beautiful and relaxing with plenty of turtles, fish and rays, especially at night. The restaurant we went to when we moved to the water villas (sangu) was a lot more quieter than bonthi, we preferred bonthi just because it was bigger. There is lots and lots of food, make sure to go all inclusive- it works out cheaper! The sunset cruise was again like everything at this place, beautiful. We saw many dolphins. The doctor on the island is also great, unfortunately I had to visit the doctors after getting an ear infection from all the flying, without the medicine from the doctor I'm sure my holiday would have been spoilt!
We had a voucher for a short massage at the spa. The spa was great and the staff were very professional. We booked a foot massage and even that was worth every penny!
We saw no mosquitoes and did not get bitten at all, the island is fumigated a few times a week and this really works as there were no mosquitoes in sight!
Overall, the best holiday ever. Cant wait to go back soon!

Room Tip: We stayed in the beach bungalow and the water villa and loved both. If you want to have access to th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ani_sunshine
Dear Ani,
Congratulations and thank you for the detailed review of your recent honeymoon with us here at Kuredu Island Resort and Spa. I am delighted you enjoyed staying in one of our very popular Beach Bungalows and of course the fantastic Sangu Water Villas, a perfect setting for any romantic occasion! I have passed on your feedback to Fulhu and the Chefs soing the live cooking and they are extremely proud that you recognized their impeccable service, the variety and quality of the food in this forum, thank you. I will also pass on your comments to Doctor Ahmet and the wonderful Duniye Spa team. The complimentary Sunset Cruise is certainly one of our most popular excursions, and we are very fortunate to have a few pods of Spinner Dolphins that enjoy putting in an evening appearance!
Once again Ani, thank you for sharing your amazing experience and I hope we can soon welcome you back as one of our many repeat guests. All of us here at Kuredu wish you a very Happy New Year.

Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2013

PARADISE is the only word for Kuredu ! We had our 30th wedding anniversary back in August and had booked to go to the Maldives in December. Although it was a late anniversary present for ourselves it was the best ever. The staff were fantastic, they just couldn't do enough for us. Every day we were met with hello's from all staff members from the ladies raking the sand to the bar staff. The accomodation was faultless and the outside bathroom AMAZING, (had to make a video to show family and friends at home). Our last night was spent in the lovely restaurant Franco's. The tablecloth had "come back soon" written on it and some flowers lay beside it. The food was heavenly and we had a lovely evening. Had a few tears when boarding the sea plane to leave. A big THANK YOU to all at Kuredu for making our special holiday even more special. Hope to visit again, but for now have very happy memories.

4 Thank Rufus769
KenFlockhart, General Manager at Kuredu Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Paul and Ruth,
Festive greetings from all of the Team at Kuredu Island Resort and Spa. Thank you for the review of your recent belated anniversary holiday. I am thrilled you both had such a wonderful time. We are very proud of all our Team Members who strive to make every guests' stay the holiday of a lifetime. The Franco's Restaurant Team is delighted with your comments regarding your dining experience there.
Once again Paul and Ruth, thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful holiday memories with us. We look forward to welcoming you both back to Paradise very soon.

General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuredu
Cheval Blanc Randheli
#1 of 1 in Madhiriguraidhoo Island
Atmosphere Kanifushi Maldives
Atmosphere Kanifushi Maldives
#1 of 1 in Kanifushi Island

Been to Kuredu Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!