My husband and I and two teenage sons stayed for 2 weeks at the end of July. We have been fortunate to stay in some beautiful places in the world and we all agreed that this holiday was certainly among the best.
We had a shaky start as our tour operator had neglected to inform us that the Sangu resort had changed policy since booking to over 18's only. The General Manager, Ken Flockhart, was very sympathetic and understanding of our disappointment and within a day we moved location to another JBV further along towards the O resort. We could not have been happier.
The resort is beautiful. Nothing is too much trouble and the staff go above and beyond their duty to ensure that the service is first class.
I had read some mixed reviews regarding 'Pro Divers'. The entire team there were very professional and helpful. We did several snorkelling trips including the night snorkel with John. My son was desperate to do that trip, I was more apprehensive and kept hoping for bad weather, in the end we went out after the weather forced several cancellations and I can honestly say it was exhilarating! We saw nurse sharks, reef sharks, sleeping turtles and so much more all by torchlight. We did a trip with Louis who was equally enthusiastic. It was so good that we have decided to return next year to do a diving course. Well done Pro Divers!
We had mixed weather early August but it didn't stop us walking on the beach and swimming/ snorkelling and playing golf. The boys enjoyed the gym which was very well equipped and my husband found routes around the island to go running to work off the excesses.
Walking along the beach at night is magical as the phosphorescence lights up the shoreline. We mainly ate at the O restaurant with its beautiful decking outside. We spotted many spinner dolphins as we sat and had drinks or a meal. Life doesn't get much better than that!
There are not enough superlatives to describe the quality of the resort and the friendliness and professionalism of the staff. A huge thank you to Ken and his team for truly making sure we had a wonderful holiday. Thank you to Fikry who engaged so well with the boys and thanks to Alif in the Koamas restaurant and Azeez in the O resort. We are looking forward to returning in 2014.
If booking with Emirates, it is worth noting that you can stop off in Dubai for a few days without paying extra on splitting the dates of flights. Something else to consider....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kuredu Island Resort & Spa, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Kuredu, in Lhaviyani Atoll. It is 1800 meters long by 325 meters wide, about 57 Hectares (143 acres). Your seaplane transfer from Velana International Airport is a scenic, 40 minute flight. The 383 Rooms include 10 Sultan Pool Villas including 1 Villa Family Suite, 50 Sangu Water Villas including 1 Honeymoon Suite, 100 Jacuzzi Beach Villas, 93 Beach Villas, 90 Beach Bungalows & 40 Garden Bungalows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick, Orbitz, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Kuredu Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuredu Island Hotel Kuredu
- Kuredu Island Resort And Spa
- Hotel Kuredu Island
- Kuredu Island Maldives
- Kuredu Maldives
- Kuredu Island Resort Maldives
- Kuredu Island Resort & Spa Maldives