Where to start ... amazing, beautiful and perfect.
We stayed on the island between 17th and 24th of Aug and the entire experience was fantastic. From the minute we arrived on the seaplane until our departure we were hosted perfectly by the staff; not too pushy or over the top, just friendly and efficient throughout.
We stayed in a beach bungalow and would recommend rooms in the vicinity 413 as they have uninterrupted views of the picturesque shoreline which you can see from your 4 poster bed. We toured the island and found rooms of a better standard and indeed a higher price but wouldn't of upgraded just because of our location. That said, we found our room to be entirely adequate and loved the outdoor bathroom and shower. The housekeeping was always exceptional, the man who looked after our bungalow was attentive and thorough and would clean the room twice a day much to our surprise at times.
We ate in the Bonthi restaurant for the duration of our stay and the food was always varied and of a high standard, prepared and cooked to order by very charismatic and friendly chefs.
We were hosted by the head waiter (each group appear to be assigned an individual waiter who will attend to you for the duration of your stay) who was always attentive, remembered our names, was chatty and always remembered what drinks we liked and how we liked our coffee, it's the little things.
The resort was incredibly clean, there is no need to takes shoes. We received a free 15 minute massage, 30 minute photo shoot and sunset cruise. All were thoroughly enjoyable although if you want more than your single complimentary photo be prepared to pay steeply, around $80 for 2 which seemed a but much.
We snorkelled throughout the week and thoroughly enjoyed exploring the house reef. We rented the kit from the dive shop which cost around $8 per person per day. As I wasn't entirely confident I did feel the need to rent a life jacket too, I did feel it was a little inappropriate to charge for this piece of safety equipment though.
Overall, a thoroughly fantastic experience, I cant recommend the island enough if you want a peaceful, relaxing and picturesque experience. We will be planning a return some time in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kuredu Island Resort & Spa, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Kuredu, in Lhaviyani Atoll. It is 1800 meters long by 325 meters wide, about 57 Hectares (143 acres). Your seaplane transfer from Velana International Airport is a scenic, 40 minute flight. The 383 Rooms include 10 Sultan Pool Villas including 1 Villa Family Suite, 50 Sangu Water Villas including 1 Honeymoon Suite, 100 Jacuzzi Beach Villas, 93 Beach Villas, 90 Beach Bungalows & 40 Garden Bungalows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kuredu Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuredu Island Hotel Kuredu
- Kuredu Island Resort And Spa
- Hotel Kuredu Island
- Kuredu Island Maldives
- Kuredu Maldives
- Kuredu Island Resort Maldives
- Kuredu Island Resort & Spa Maldives