Kuredu Island Resort & Spa
$597
Fushifaru Maldives(Lhaviyani Atoll)
$495
  • Breakfast included
Palm Beach Island Resort & Spa(Madhiriguraidhoo Island)
$284
  • Beachfront
Soneva Jani(Medhufaru)
$3,755
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Cheval Blanc Randheli(Randheli Island)
$2,970
Noku Maldives(Kudafunafaru Island)
$352
$341
8,305 results
All reviewsbeach bungalowour waiterour honeymoonfishsea planekuredu islandmain receptionsunset cruisewhite nightroom boybeach restaurantnorth sidemain areaall inclusive packagewhite partya la carte restaurantsmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 25, 2013

All I can say is excellent. We had a wonderful 2 weeks. We booked to stay in a beach bumgalow and despite this being a basic room. It was more than adequate. We were no more than 10foot from the sea. The amount of sealife close to shore was amazing from 2foot black tip shark, just in the shallows (around 3foot from the shore). Stingray right on the shore line. My Husband was snorkelling one day, when he saw a turtly about half the size of a sun lounger. The food was amazing. You were designated a buffet restaurant depending on which type of room you were in, but we were told that all 4 of the buffet restaurants serve exactly the same food. The selection was brilliant. each night they would have a salad bar, soup, pasta a roast joint, curries, vegetable selection, rice, freshly baked bread and of course a selection of 10 or so desserts. Also fresh fruit. There was a choice to eat in one of their 3 a la carte restaurants with a 20% discount, but we didn't feel the need to do this, as the food was excellent in our restaurant. My Husband went diving and had the most amazing 8 dives, seeing everything possible.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Julie S
KenFlockhart, General Manager at Kuredu Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Julie,

Warm greetings from the Silver Paradise as Kuredu Island Resort & Spa celebrates it's 25th Anniversary in 2013.
We greatly appreciate that you took the time to write a review following you recent stay with us.
It is with great pleasure to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your holiday and were highly satisfied with our services and facilities.
Our wonderful Chefs in particular will be delighted to read about your positive comments relating to the variety and quality of food in the buffet restaurants.
Sounds like your husband really took full advantage of the excellent diving trips offered by our superb Prodivers.
Thank you again for your positive review and we are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Not only the Island of Kuredu is a beautiful, with its white sand beaches and wonderful sunset, but also the hotel is very well structured and offers several different lodges. For scuba diving, the hotel has a pier where you can dive night and day. The EuroDivers scuba team are very well structured and offer very experienced diving guides. Perfect!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Luciana P

Dear Luciana,

We thank you for your concise review following your stay with us.
Our Prodivers (not Eurodivers) dive centre is one of the best in Asia, not just the Maldives and whatever level of diver you may be, the experience of diving in our wonderful waters will live long in the memory.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Kuredu one day.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

How would you imagine your perfect holiday? Well Kuredu is it... look no further..

Kuredu is usually booked as an all inclusive resort and in all honesty it is well worth it.
I booked with BA as a sole traveler and fortunately the single supplement was no that steep.
I had a Beach Bungalow and I must say that I feel the more expensive options were not really needed as you literally had your own private walk way to a patch of the beach in front of you.
I stayed in room 440 and had amazing views and a room that is bigger than my paratment..The room was spotless and was serviced 2 times a day!!

The buffet was more than you could ever dream of and if I hadn't done all that sports and diving I would have weighed a ton when I had left the Island; Fresh fish cooked in front of you, trays of exotic fruit and salads, different varieties of desserts each and every night, along with all the beer, juice, water or soft drinks you can consume....

I had previously read that people were worried about the lack of water but every day you are supplied individually with one fresh litre of bottled water. That plus all the water or drinks you can consume from the bar makes to me previous comments about lack of water little obsolete.

The island is raked and swept, perhaps 4 times a day...all of it...every day...(yeah I know right!!)

I won't go into the diving with mantas and swimming with placid reef sharks and turtles again because I am just going to trawl the net for the next few weeks again trying to find some deal or discount to get back there....

Don't let the luxury of the Island keep you from the real treasure: The Sea.... go on as many trips as you can. Do not pass on up the chance to experience one of the most beautiful miracles on this planet....

I cant help myself really so here goes:

Think perfection, think paradise...Think Mantas that come up to you and caress you as you just float in awe, speechless in the water next to them and then watch them disappear again into the blue, pining to glide away with them...Think shy reef sharks as they try to hide from you under rocks and in small underwater caves with their tails sticking out as you play hide and seek with them..... Think hawksbill turtles as they fly above and below you with their colourful shells ornate with mystic shapes, each an individual and unique masterpiece...You will never once again question why Terry Pratchett created a world that is floating through space on the back of a giant turtle; the infinite wisdom in their eyes will settle that mystery once and for all...

As you may have well understood by now Kuredu Island Resort is the best place you can go to to slip off your shoes and along with them all your cares and worries for the next two weeks you will be there...For the rest of your life this will be the place you will be comparing all other holiday destinations to...

Room Tip: Rooms 435-440 if you are staying in Beach Bungalows...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
13  Thank travellin_blues
KenFlockhart, General Manager at Kuredu Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share those wonderful comments following your stay with us last December.
As a result of our newly opened Water Bottling Plant, each room is now stocked with 2 x 1 litre bottles of our own water (produced on the island) which will be replenished as required by your hospitable Room Boy.
David Attenborough could not have described the beautiful marine life inhabiting our waters any better than you have. This will give future guests reading this review, the opportunity to imagine how their swimming, snorkeling and diving experiences will be.
We can’t thank you enough for your strong recommendation of our island resort and the review you just made as we now look forward to welcome you back to Kuredu.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

If you were to create a fictional island paradise in your head where everything is idyllic and you wish you could get stuck there forever, this is what it would look like. I could live there.

Beautiful weather, stunning views to the point it would nearly bring a tear to your eye. Sitting on the deck of the 100% top-notch room, actually suspended over the water, watching a stunning array of fish, turtles and sharks swim in underneath you is breathtaking.

Throw in some of the best snorkelling and diving in the world, a gluttony of delicious food and all-inclusive drink served by polite, friendly and super-attentive staff. They even fumigate the island twice daily so you don't have the annoyance of mosquitos to worry about.

If you're reading this then you're likely questioning whether or not you should go. Don't.

Room Tip: All rooms are fantastic, even the most basic. But they become incrementally more fantastic the more you pay. If, like me, you love fish, get the over-water villa and be blown away.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ryan M

Dear Ryan,

Very warm greetings from your “dream holiday destination”.
We are very impressed by your lovely description of our beautiful island even eleven months since you stayed with us. This probably reflects the distinct quality of holiday you had with us.
It sounds like you really benefitted from booking a Sangu Water Villa and captured all the memories of
the marine life surrounding you.
Thank you again for your wonderful compliments about our resort. Team Kuredu are eager to welcome you back again.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was was third trip to Kuredu in 16 months, the first time was with a friend, and the others with my husband. This island resort is amazing, and perfect for couples or friends.
This time we travelled much lighter, with only hand luggage, even then I brought clothes home that hadn't been worn! you really do not need to take much at all, swimwear and coverups for the day, casual clothes for the evening. A pair of flip flops for the evening and one for the day is fine, most of the time you don't need shoes.
We had the same waiter as last time, Ahoo in the O Restaurant. He is fantastic, brilliant service, helpful, conversational and a funny sense of humour. We will really miss him!
And one of the chefs at O Restaurant, I think his name is Nikki, was amazing. I explained my issue as I have a gluten intolerance, and both he and Ahoo went out of their way to ensure I knew what I could eat, as well as them making special bread and desserts just for me! I felt very well looked after.
Had another trip to the spa, this was as excellent as usual.
Dinner at the Far East a la carte restaurant was brilliant, although you pay extra its not extortionate, and the atmosphere is amazing with your candlelit table on the beach.
Snorkelling again was fab, saw turtles, rays and sharks. We also saw loads of dolphins in the lagoon off the O Resort, as well as on the sunset cruise.
What more can I say, other than I would go back in a heartbeat, the place is amazing.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank AJW12

Dear Returning Guests,

Warm and sunny greetings from what sounds like it has become your regular holiday destination in the Indian Ocean.
We thank you for choosing us for your 3rd visit in only sixteen months – there will be many that are very envious of that frequency of stay.
We are delighted that you have noted the ongoing improvements being made and your opinion that Kuredu is getting better each time you visit.
One of the many unique features of Kuredu is our relaxed approach to dress codes and we all enjoy the feeling of the soft, warm sand between our toes.
We thank you for your compliments made for our excellent Team Members: Ahoo & Chef Nihal (“Nikki”) at O Restaurant, who work so hard to make your holiday special. Our Chefs are very talented and well trained, so a Gluten free diet does not present too great a challenge for them.
Thank you for experiencing our Far East restaurant which has now been further enhanced with the addition of a Teppan Yaki grill table.
Team Kuredu wishes to thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back for your 4th visit to our beautiful Island.