“Honeymoon Paradise”

Kuredu Island Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kuredu
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited Kuredu for our honeymoon back in December. We booked through away holidays who secured our flight and accommodation. Really glad I chose them as they had been to Kuredu and recommended the rooms with the best beach.

We had a jacuzzi beach villa which was on the the side of the island where the sea planes land. It was a little bit noisey but so was getting used to hearing the sea in the morning. I would definitely recommend not having the beach huts, as this side of the island didn't have a great beach compared to our side.

Wonderful island, food was amazing, pools and beach were everything I expected.

Hear is a tip, you have to call reservations at 09:00 to book a restaurant space if you don't want to stay at your allocated restaurant. Do it early as the reservations get booked up.

I would defo go back!!

• Stayed: December 2012
4  Thank rowdyroddypiper
KenFlockhart, General Manager at Kuredu Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Roddy,

Warm greetings from your Honeymoon Paradise in the Indian Ocean.
Our deepest appreciation to you for taking the time to write a review following your recent Honeymoon stay with us.
Your choice of accommodation being a Jacuzzi Beach Villa has provided you with the flexibility to enjoy the facilities of the whole island.
Our wonderful Team of talented Chefs will be delighted by your positive comments about our food quality.
Now that we are the resort you chose to spend your Honeymoon at, we know we have a place in your hearts and therefore hope to welcome you back for many Wedding Anniversary vacations in future years.

Regards.
General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (8,132)

Reviewed March 9, 2013

What can I say !!! I'm sat in male airport writing this review I'm so sad I've just left kuredu from the minute we stepped off the sea plane at kuredu the tears started as I could not believe what I saw! True beauty.....me and my partner and our friends loved every minute of it.....our host was mubah we stayed in the o resort room number 316 and 318 absolutely the best place to be the beach villa was amazing outside bathroom amazing even the little wash bowl for your feet is fab! Our waiter shareeef was great too with getting us our favourite table on an evening outside and decorating the table on an evening the food well what can I say....so much choice all amazing food everything fantastic thik I've put about a stone on hahahaha! The hi light of our trip was dream island we went for half a day me and my partner we had this island to ourselves for 5 hours its a sandbank just in the middles of the ocean my partner proposed and it was perfect I'm still crying now! Mubah helped arrange this surprise and I will never forget him for this as it was amazing. I can't wait to go back to this place one day I'm going to have holiday blues for a few week after this holiday!!! In fact we usually go to the Caribbean this was a one off holiday but I don't think we will be returning to anywhere other than the Maldives from now on...you get what you pay for and this was defintaly worth every penny. Don't listen to any bad reviews seriously there is nothing I can say that was bad what so ever.........I must stop now as could go on forever but go for it enjoy every minute.....I cried when I arrived and cried when I departed and me.....I never get ad over holidays but this place will stay in my heart forever thanks all x

Room Tip: O resort more breeze front side no breeze and hard for sun worshippers
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Zoe P
KenFlockhart, General Manager at Kuredu Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Dear Zoe,

Warm greetings from the Silver Paradise as Kuredu Island Resort & Spa celebrates it's 25th Anniversary in 2013.
We would like to thank you for the review which you have made so quickly, even before your return to the UK and before the tears of sadness have dried up!
It is very much appreciated that you have recognised a few of our wonderful Team Members, namely Island Host Mubah & your Waiter at the O Restaurant, Shareef - we will pass on your glowing comments. It is always nice to know that our Team can make a difference and assist you with any possible request.
Congratulations on your engagement, what a wonderful surprise to be proposed to on Dream Island. Maybe you will return for a Wedding Blessing on the same desserted location. We know that your first stay in Kuredu will hold a place in your hearts forever and perhaps you will return to capture those memories as you celebrate your Anniversary years.
Like many others who compare a holiday in the Maldives with the Caribbean, it sounds like your mind is now set and we hope to see you returning to Kuredu for many years to come.
We hope the next time you are in Male` airport your tears will be of joy on your return to Kuredu.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We have recently returned from this resort and were truly sorry to leave! It was all that we expected it to be and more. We stayed in a Sangu water villa and would highly recommend them! The Sangu resort was lovely and tranquil and just what we were after. However should people desire, the main resort has entertainment every night and a slightly livelier atmosphere. The villa was beautiful and was cleaned everyday. The restaurants and food were amazing and I would recommend a spa treatment at one of the two spas! As part of the all inclusive package you get a free 1 hour sunset cruise which we nearly did not take up however I would urge people to do this as we got to see Dolphins who swam next to our boat, and I understand that this is not unusual.

The island hosts and staff could not do enough for you and we're exceedingly helpful. The sealife is amazing and we would regularly see sharks (veggie ones), sting ray and exotic fish from our Villa deck. My husband also saw turtles in the house reef when snorkelling, so pack your snorkel! You can hire snorkels there but at $9 a day it can add up.

Some tips for your stay from me would include:

- don't worry about shoes, the whole island is sand and very casual so people just walk around in bare feet, even in the restaurants! It's a very refreshing experience!

- the island does not accept Maldiavian currency so take US dollars. I would recommend taking some cash even if you are AI so that you can tip the staff! We didn't and had to pay to get some out on the island.

- if you want peace and quiet then stay in the Sangu or O resorts. The main area is a bit more lively if you fancy that though.

All in all, I could not fault our stay at this resort and will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: Choose the Sangu water villa. If you don't fancy that I would choose a beach villa in the O or S...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank katy b

Dear Katy,

Warm greetings from your Paradise Island, Kuredu Island Resort & Spa.
You have quite correctly stated that the Sangu Water Villas and Sangu resort offers complete peace and tranquility, away from the Main resort area.
It is great that you have seen the abundance of marine life theses waters have to offer and had the chance to see them close up such as the turtles which are so graceful on the house reef and dolphins accompanying the sunset cruise.
Thank you for the recognition of our Team Members as they will always be on hand to offer any assistance during your stay and we are happy that you also felt this.
We look forward to welcoming you again on your return to Kuredu.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Just returned from our amazing honeymoon. Did not know what to expect but it was better than we could have imagined... Stayed on an O'Villa and it was amazing. 12 steps to the sea across a gorgeous white beach where you get your own personal sun bed so nobody can take the best bit of beach. (Only downside is you need some sort of shoe to go in the sea on the O'Resort due to rocks but only a short walk to better water.) outside wet room is amazing, rooms have cable tv with plenty of sport and movie channels for those nights in when the sun has drained you. The outside decking area has two nice chairs to sit on or recline back. You also get an outside double bed on the O'Villas which we used every night to cool down and look at the stars and listen to the sea. The food in the O'Restaurant is the same as every other restaurant but a much nicer setting looking out over the ocean. During meals we saw dolphins, sharks, turtles and loads of small and huge fish just swim by/under. The food was very good. Always a good choice of meat, fish and vegetarian. Burgers and paninis at luch were to die for. Rahim the chef when we were there remembered what/how you liked you meat and it was perfect every time. You also get your own waiter. They are amazing. Remeber what drink you want how strong you like it, with ice or without... Amazing... We used the pool most days at the O'Resort. Perfect, no kids, drinks on tap, amazing view and perfect weather. The staff really could not do enough for you. Rooms are cleaned twice a day!!!!! This really was a dream holiday and in my opinion the O'Resort i by far the best. Especially if you want to relax with no noisey kids.

During our stay 90% of people we spoke to were returning customers. This says something...

Perfect...

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mark R
KenFlockhart, General Manager at Kuredu Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Mark,

Warm greetings from your Honeymoon destination, Kuredu Island Resort & Spa.
We thank you for choosing Kuredu for your holiday and more so for such a special occasion as your Honeymoon.
We are delighted to read your comment stating that we were able to exceed all the expectations that you could have imagined.
It gives us great pleasure to know that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed the 'O' Beach Villas and “O” Resort concept, which with no children under twelve years is very popular among Honeymoon couples and those on romantic getaways.
Your praise for Chef Rahim will be passed on to him.
All your comments and words of encouragement will inspire us to continue our efforts for service excellence.
Thank you again for your patronage and I look forward to welcoming you back to Kuredu very soon when you will also be amongst the many Repeat Guests who make us their second home.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

My family and I visited Kuredu in July 2012, we had two beautiful beach front villas in the 'O' Resort, which was perfect for us as we have older children (13 and 16 years old) the other end of the island was busier and we much perferred the tranquility of our end.
We had the most amazing experience of swimming with turtles, sharks and a truly magnificent manta ray.
It really is paradise, the food, the people, the brilliant sea-plane flight, it was all unmissable. I thoroughly recommend Kuredu and we really hope to return one day.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Catherine L

Dear Catherine,

Very warm greetings from Kuredu Island Resort & Spa.
We are extremely touched to know that you have not forgotten Kuredu eight months after the holiday you had with us in July 2012.
Pleased to note that the “O” Beach Villa and “O” Resort facilities suited you and your family.
We are happy that you enjoyed the snorkeling experiences with turtles, sharks and manta rays creating fond memories that will stay with you for your entire life.
Our very special thanks for the confident and strong recommendation made for our resort.
Team Kuredu would like to thank you once again for your review and looking forward to welcome you and your family back soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

just back from the most amazing two week holiday at the marvellous Kuredu !!!!
Our beach bungalow was near the water villas with an excellent view of the amazing clear water which is full of the most fantastic sea life....
The food and restaurants were excellent with loads of choice in the buffet restaurant and the far east and francos are worth a visit as well.....goregeous pizza and sushi !!!!!
entertainment is particularly good on a Monday (live band-brilliant) and on a Friday-white night is great fun (dont forget a white outfit) and the pool bar is good for pre dinner drinks.....
We were upgraded to a water villa for our last 2 nights and it was awesome (thanks to whoever arranged that )!!!!
it was heaven and the sea life is fantastic with regular visits from large sting rays and sharks to keep your camera busy !!
definately no shoes required and it is funny watching all the new arrivals wearing them and struggling through the soft sand.....
Would recommend the spa we both enjoyed a couple of trips to relax..

My wife and i had a fantastic holiday and will be back one day,we went to Meeru last year and there is very little to seperate the resorts both amazing and i now understand why people go year after year to the Maldives, it is the most relaxing holiday you could wish for....

see you soon ;-)

Room Tip: beach bungalows are very good and the outside bathroom is brilliant but having spent the last couple...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank neilc65

Dear Neil,

Allow me to thank you for posting your lovely comments following your recent stay in Kuredu.
We are so happy that we were able to provide you with a friendly and personalized service and to know that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us.
You have quite rightly treated yourself to two wonderful dinners in our a la carte restaurants: Far East and Franco's. These as well as the third a la carte restaurant: The Beach make for an alternative night if a change from our extensuive buffets is desired.
Sounds like you took full advantage of our varied entertainment programme and enjoyed the live band on a Monday and our now famous 'White Night Party' on a Friday.
We do believe that the two day stay in a Sangu Water Villa enhanceed your experience even further and would have been a pleasant finale to a wonderful holiday.
Looking forward to welcoming you back another time.

General Manager.
Thank you once again for your wonderful compliments about our Resort and team Kuredu eager to welcome back soon.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

If you are looking for beautiful accommodation on a beautiful island, not busy but a few people around for a chit chat if you felt in the mood .. and not just for honeymooners, then Kuredu Island would be a fabulous choice. I stayed at the resort, on my own, following a diving week aboard M/Y Monsoon - and just chilled and relaxed very happily. I never felt lonely or uncomfortable and was very happy with the food (as a strict vegetarian) in the buffet format restaurants. Highly recommended :-)

Room Tip: I stayed in the beach bungalow which was absolutely perfect for me. But if going on a romantic holid...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
13  Thank leafy211

Dear Leafy,

Warm greetings to you from Kuredu Island Resort and Spa.
Thank you for taking the time to share these wonderful comments following your recent stay with us.
We are delighted to learn that your holiday expectations were exceeded. Sounds like you would have had a great time both in Kuredu and during the week of scuba diving on our very own live aboard boat MY Monsoon.
MY Monsoon does six night cruises in the Northern Atolls of the Maldives which are relatively untouched reefs giving divers the chance to get away from the crowded dive sites closer to Male.
We thank you once again for the review and look forward to welcoming you back again.

General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuredu
Komandoo Maldives Island Resort
3 mi away
Kanuhura - Maldives
Kanuhura - Maldives
#1 of 1 in Kanuhura

Been to Kuredu Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!