I say follow that because for the type of holiday my wife and I enjoy I'm not sure anything could measure up to Kuredu. We stayed in a Beach Bungalow which was simple, clean, comfortable and for us all we would ever need in such a wonderful location. Walk around the island and it quickly becomes apparant that every part is as beautiful as the last but I think the Beach Bungalow side has more of a Robinson Crusoe feel where some of the other parts are busier and have more of a holiday resort feeling to them. I'm not saying one is better than the other, just different and may help you make the right choice for your style of holiday.
The Seaplane transfer was a great experience which offered great views and took about 40 minutes.
A warm welcome and smooth check in allows you to settle into your holiday stride very quickly indeed and the long hours travelling are soon forgotten.
We were All Inclusive at the main restaurant and found the service, variety, presentation and standard of food outstanding and not being big drinkers found the alchoholic drinks that were part of our package(Lager,Local Spirits,House Wine) suited us just fine. I say we are not big drinkers but after a few nights having a boogie into the small hours we did wake a few mornings feeling a little groggy but do go to the White Night etc because the staff work very hard to make sure you enjoy yourself,get on the dance floor and throw some shapes,,,you'll probably never see any of these people again and you may just about justify that extra pudding tucked away earlier.
The standards of service and the whole presentation of the Island is a credit to the army of workers most of which you will never see. I was told that there is a member of staff for every guest which would put their number at around 800. All the staff we encountered no matter what task, be it bar staff, room cleaners, waiters, cleaning the beach etc all were cheerful, helpful and would greet you with a smile.
We are very lucky and have been to some wonderful parts of the world but this place with it's people, wildlife and natural beauty will probably never be topped. We rarely go back to the same place twice but we are already making plans to go back to Kuredu in 2015 for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. With no shame I have to admit when we boarded the Seaplane to leave I was unable to speak and had tears in my eyes.
Well done Kuredu, you have stolen my heart!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kuredu Island Resort & Spa, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Kuredu, in Lhaviyani Atoll. It is 1800 meters long by 325 meters wide, about 57 Hectares (143 acres). Your seaplane transfer from Velana International Airport is a scenic, 40 minute flight. The 383 Rooms include 10 Sultan Pool Villas including 1 Villa Family Suite, 50 Sangu Water Villas including 1 Honeymoon Suite, 100 Jacuzzi Beach Villas, 93 Beach Villas, 90 Beach Bungalows & 40 Garden Bungalows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kuredu Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuredu Island Hotel Kuredu
- Kuredu Island Resort And Spa
- Hotel Kuredu Island
- Kuredu Island Maldives
- Kuredu Maldives
- Kuredu Island Resort Maldives
- Kuredu Island Resort & Spa Maldives