Just come back from honeymoon at Kuredu. Emirates flight was great, only had to wait an hour for the seaplane transfer and you get a air conditioned room to wait in with a cold towel and bottle of water. Transfer took about 40 mins and although was very hot and noisy in the seaplane you get great views on the way. Luggage came with us, not separately.
Greeted at Kuredu with a welcome drink, music and cold towel which was great.
Stayed in a beach bungalow which was fine, couldn't see the beach, but it was only a few metres away behind the trees so it was fine as only took a few seconds to walk round. Tried to upgrade to a beach villa which would have been $90 a night extra, but the island was full.
Bungalow was fine though, outdoor bathroom was an experience, just be careful of ants in the toilet at night and you'll be fine!
Food at Bonthi restaurant was great, really good choice and different every night.
Went on the free sunset cruise which was nice, but unfortunately we didn't see any dolphins although I think others that went a couple of days before us did, lovely sunsets to be seen on the island though.
Babuna bar provides some entertainment if you want it-the live band was particularly enjoyable.
My husband used the dive centre for a couple of trips diving and snorkelling and saw turtles and mantas which was great.
Overall an amazing holiday, the beach is beautiful, you can see stingrays and baby black tip sharks in the sea which is amazing and this was when I was only in at less than knee height. There is also a gym, football pitch, golf course and spa so plenty to do if wanted or you can just relax on the beautiful beach.
Would thoroughly recommend Kuredu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kuredu Island Resort & Spa, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Kuredu, in Lhaviyani Atoll. It is 1800 meters long by 325 meters wide, about 57 Hectares (143 acres). Your seaplane transfer from Velana International Airport is a scenic, 40 minute flight. The 383 Rooms include 10 Sultan Pool Villas including 1 Villa Family Suite, 50 Sangu Water Villas including 1 Honeymoon Suite, 100 Jacuzzi Beach Villas, 93 Beach Villas, 90 Beach Bungalows & 40 Garden Bungalows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kuredu Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuredu Island Hotel Kuredu
- Kuredu Island Resort And Spa
- Hotel Kuredu Island
- Kuredu Island Maldives
- Kuredu Maldives
- Kuredu Island Resort Maldives
- Kuredu Island Resort & Spa Maldives