Having spent an amazing week travelling around Sri Lanka, we landed in Kuredu from Male on the sea plane, which was amazing. The experience from the airport terminal, take off and landing really kick started an amazing experience. We then landed in Kuredu. Wow what a place this is.
The island was stunning from in the air. We were welcomed on the island with music being played and showed to a table where there was a welcome drink. Shortly after filling a form in, we were then showed to our room. We stayed in the beach villa in the Koamas side. It was sheer bliss!!!! Loved it. Every morning we had the view of the sea. Our two very own sun beds and it felt like our own little beach.
The island was great for running around and it took me about 20mins. No trainers needed!!! Loved every minute of it. Another point to mention is Pro Divers, what a professional organisation they are, you will have to do an orientation, but this is necessary as they check your skills, which are needed for some dives, where there is strong current. Special mention goes to Katrin, who is so enthusiastic, it is great and Yaafris, who is passionate and will ensure you get the most from your dive. Thanks guys!
This really is paradise and even though there are lots of people on the island, you feel there is no one here. The service in all the restaurants and bars is excellent. The boy that did our room was so friendly and boy what a job he does. Works from morning to night. And the ladies that sweep the sand, what lovely happy ladies they are. Sod doing that job in the heat they were!!!
The food is great here, so much to choose from.
There are two gripes. One is the water. You only get one bottle of 1.5 ltr per day between two people, which simply isnt enough especially if the other person is going scuba diving. We were told by other customers that you can get two a day, you just need to ask at reception. You do get glasses of water at meal times, but I usually found that if I went scuba diving I was very dehydrated coming back as no water is served on the boat, only tea and coffee. Second gripe, is the music at the restaurant is on loop and I am so glad I don't have to sit through another rendition of 'Dont cry for me Argentina'. Please change this on a regular basis Kuredu... Oh one other thing is the signing for the drinks you have, it just did my head in. I later found out it is the account for the drink they give. It is a minor point, but just did me in keep signing for something in the all inclusive.
Sheer paradise, would come back!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kuredu Island Resort & Spa, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Kuredu, in Lhaviyani Atoll. It is 1800 meters long by 325 meters wide, about 57 Hectares (143 acres). Your seaplane transfer from Velana International Airport is a scenic, 40 minute flight. The 383 Rooms include 10 Sultan Pool Villas including 1 Villa Family Suite, 50 Sangu Water Villas including 1 Honeymoon Suite, 100 Jacuzzi Beach Villas, 93 Beach Villas, 90 Beach Bungalows & 40 Garden Bungalows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kuredu Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuredu Island Hotel Kuredu
- Kuredu Island Resort And Spa
- Hotel Kuredu Island
- Kuredu Island Maldives
- Kuredu Maldives
- Kuredu Island Resort Maldives
- Kuredu Island Resort & Spa Maldives