“It really is paradise!!!!”

Kuredu Island Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kuredu
Hertfordshire
“It really is paradise!!!!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Having spent an amazing week travelling around Sri Lanka, we landed in Kuredu from Male on the sea plane, which was amazing. The experience from the airport terminal, take off and landing really kick started an amazing experience. We then landed in Kuredu. Wow what a place this is.

The island was stunning from in the air. We were welcomed on the island with music being played and showed to a table where there was a welcome drink. Shortly after filling a form in, we were then showed to our room. We stayed in the beach villa in the Koamas side. It was sheer bliss!!!! Loved it. Every morning we had the view of the sea. Our two very own sun beds and it felt like our own little beach.

The island was great for running around and it took me about 20mins. No trainers needed!!! Loved every minute of it. Another point to mention is Pro Divers, what a professional organisation they are, you will have to do an orientation, but this is necessary as they check your skills, which are needed for some dives, where there is strong current. Special mention goes to Katrin, who is so enthusiastic, it is great and Yaafris, who is passionate and will ensure you get the most from your dive. Thanks guys!

This really is paradise and even though there are lots of people on the island, you feel there is no one here. The service in all the restaurants and bars is excellent. The boy that did our room was so friendly and boy what a job he does. Works from morning to night. And the ladies that sweep the sand, what lovely happy ladies they are. Sod doing that job in the heat they were!!!

The food is great here, so much to choose from.

There are two gripes. One is the water. You only get one bottle of 1.5 ltr per day between two people, which simply isnt enough especially if the other person is going scuba diving. We were told by other customers that you can get two a day, you just need to ask at reception. You do get glasses of water at meal times, but I usually found that if I went scuba diving I was very dehydrated coming back as no water is served on the boat, only tea and coffee. Second gripe, is the music at the restaurant is on loop and I am so glad I don't have to sit through another rendition of 'Dont cry for me Argentina'. Please change this on a regular basis Kuredu... Oh one other thing is the signing for the drinks you have, it just did my head in. I later found out it is the account for the drink they give. It is a minor point, but just did me in keep signing for something in the all inclusive.

Sheer paradise, would come back!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,463)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Waltham Abbey, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 15, 2012

When we arrived we were greeted by the sound of drums and a nice cool drink.The check in was very quick and we were shown to our room and was surprised to have been upgraded to the best water villa (honeymoon suit ) as it was near my birthday.The food was really nice with a wide variety every day.Going all inclusive is a great idea.The beach was well kept and the staff around the resort were very friendly and helpful.If you like it really quiet have the accommodation in the O resort.My son was in a garden bungalow and was upgraded to a beach bungalow.The snorkelling was really good and we saw so many things including Turtles and sharks.We went on an all day trip sailing with lunch included .The food again was very good and the crew took us to the best snorkelling sites where we saw Manta rays and Dolphins.This holiday is a must. Also you really dont need shoes. The restaurants and bars are carpeted with sand

Room Tip: Choose the O resort if you like peace and quiet. The water villas are romantic but they are at the o...
3 Thank Annette730
Birmingham UK
Reviewed November 14, 2012

What an experience and will be hard to beat. From the moment we arrived until we had to be dragged away from paradise. The room was great and you really could relax, the sea life was excellent and the service and food was a treat. Go out and catch a fish and the chef will cook it for dinner, you may need to find some friends to share. I loved the no shoes thing and how anything was no to much trouble. Check out the Spa and watch the fish whilst you have a massage through the glass floor. It has taken me a year to post this after returning from Barbados where the hotel just did not come up to Kuredu so felt I needed to share. You will remember a visit here for years to come.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Matt36BirminghamUK
UK
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This review is loooooong overdue and things could have changed drastically since my honeymoon here in 2004 but I thought I would write one simply because we still talk about it and occasionally sing the Kuredu welcome song to each other.

We stayed in the basic room, the Beach Bungalow and were all inclusive.

Things that scared me:
Before we went I remember reading negative reviews about the island having a 'strong sulphur smell', being overrun with rabbits and rubbish all over. This was NOT our experience. I thought the island was beautiful and only once or twice in our two week stay did I notice a sulphur smell but I certainly wouldn't have described it as a strong smell or unpleasant. We saw a couple rabbits in the evening when were walking back to our rooms but we just thought they were cute, I suppose some people would class them as pests? In my experience the island was very clean and our room was cleaned to a high standard twice a day. We were in the most basic accommodation but it had everything we needed, the aircon worked perfectly and the outside shower was amazing - what more can you ask for?

Food / Staff:
We only had one a la carte meal for my birthday at the Beach restaurant and it was very special, excellent food and service. For the remainder of our trip we ate at our allocated buffet restaurant and I remember the food being very good, with a huge variety and plenty of fresh cooking stations where fish or meat was prepared the way you like it right in front of you. It was certainly to much higher standard than a typical buffet style meal. Service was excellent and we never experienced a long wait for a drink and I don't think I ever had the chance to pull the chair out to sit down as our waiter was always right there at every meal welcoming us. The bar staff were very friendly and it was very easy to either find a lively place to socialise after dinner or to find a quiet romantic spot to enjoy cocktails together.

Beach:
The ocean on the side of the island that our room was on has a great deal of coral so you cannot really swim there (not directly in front of where our room was anyway) although we did see people walking over it to go swimming (naughty tourists!). It was still a beautiful view and we added it to our daily routine: sunscreen, coffee then an hour or so of reading on the sand under a palm tree with the stunning Indian Ocean right at our feet. Later in the morning we would head to the beach villa side of the island and spend the day snorkelling. We saw all kinds of fish and several turtles, we even saw two dolphins playing while we were snorkelling, it was generally a great deal of fun and for us interesting enough to spend the entire day swimming and exploring. One thing for me that stands out about Kuredu is that anytime we were on the beach it felt as though we had the place to ourselves. I don't know where everyone else was but no matter where we wandered on the island to snorkel from it was just the two of us with other couples way off in the distance.

Overall it was an amazing honeymoon on a beautiful island, and I don’t understand how anyone could go here and not completely relax and enjoy themselves. I will add pictures to this review later in the week.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ArianaR
Kent
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We had a week here after a week touring Sri Lanka. It was amazing. Our first trip to the Maldives. Had to wait a while for the sea plane transfer but that couldn't be helped. My luggage arrived - hubbies arrived following morning.

We were lucky to be upgraded and had a beach villa in the O Resort. Beautiful. If we were ever to go back I would defiantely book into the beach villa.

If you are in the O Resort then you are allowed to use all restaurants on the island (apart from the ones you pay for ie - Franco's etc).

Great room and bathroom. Very clean and everyone is extremely friendly. Food was great and huge choice. We heard a few people had been sick but we were fine.

Lots to do if you want to do things. We did melon carving (not as easy as they make it look!!) and our results were put on display in the restaurant the following evening.

There is a footie pitch and a small golf course. Great snorkelling.

Unfortunately we didn't have the greatest weather whilst we were there. Only about 3 days of sunshine - the rest rain, but the bars are comfortable and still have amazing views to look out on to while away the rainy day!

You are entitled to a free 15 min massage to be used within 2 days of your arrival I think it is. Also you are entitled to a free sunset cruise so make sure you book them up.

We went line fishing which was great fun. About $40 each. If you caught anything you could decided whether to throw it back or have it cooked for you the following eve. Needless to say we had a delicious meal of red snapper the following evening. It was delicious.

Have a great holiday on a lovely island.

4 Thank bkent
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We have just returned from our first ever visit to Kuredu Island in The Maldives, but I think I can definitely say it won't be our last.

Seaplane journey to resort was a great experience in itself and we were greeted on our arrival with people playing bongo drums. Fantastic.

We booked a beach bungalow (472) which was fine with the usual outside toilet/shower etc. I loved it. Only downside was that it was directly in front of the water villas. Wasn't too keen at first, but once I found that I could snorkel directly underneath the water villas it was AMAZING. Coral/sea life there is out of this world.

Staff were a credit to themselves, all so polite and couldn't do enough for us. Special thanks to Adam who looked after us for the first couple of nights before he disappeared!!! We went on the basic all inclusive package so were ready for the fact that our mini bar was not included etc. We found the 1 large bottle of water a day sufficient for our needs as we took a "taxi" or walked to the bar for a drink. Most of the time we walked, but some times it was a little hot so had a ride.

Snorkelling is amazing to the right of the beach villas, but also off the jetty and out into the sea. Went on a $12 snorkel trip which was amazing. Problems with our snorkel mask misting up, but I think this is due to water temp/air temp as no amount of spit or toothpaste would help!!! Didn't spoil my experience though.

Food is fantastic with a wide choice of things to eat.

The beach is just how it looks, white fine sand, and to be able to walk straight in/out of the water without feeling cold is an added bonus.

They moved us (upgraded to jacuzzi beach villa) for the last 2 nights as it had been our wedding anniversary. Very nice and straight on the beach, but I wouldn't book a jacuzzi villa again as you just don't use it.

The best of all - no news, no SHOES! I didn't wear shoes all week, not even to dinner as all the roads are covered in sand!!

All in all a holiday of a lifetime, but I am definitely planning a return trip.

Room Tip: Would't book a jacuzzi villa, but beach bungalows are great. I suppose when we go back we would...
3 Thank Alisondicky
Dorset, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

We visited October/November 2012. Everything I've read in the recent reviews are correct, food, accommodation, friendliness of the staff are all superb. But my concern especially after having read the last two reviews are that of the sickness. Out of the four of our group 3 of us were struck with the very violent sickness and diarrhoea bug. Although hand sanitisers were in place just outside the restaurant which we used, and we were extra careful with what we ate eg, avoided rice etc, we were still struck down by this illness which we lost a good part of our holiday through. I think management need to investigate fully to try and rid the island of this problem before it gets any worse and may cause further upset to guests visiting this beautiful island in the future.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Lizi6
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuredu
Cheval Blanc Randheli
#1 of 1 in Madhiriguraidhoo Island
Atmosphere Kanifushi Maldives
Atmosphere Kanifushi Maldives
#1 of 1 in Kanifushi Island

Been to Kuredu Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!