This resort is average in terms of service/offerings. The beaches have a lot of shells so careful where you step. The water is beautiful, it is the maldives after all. The walkways here are just concrete covered in sand, nothing spectacular. The rooms are pretty average, the housekeeping is average, the restaurants are average. Breakfast/Lunch will almost be the same every day, dinner changes every night. I think the meat they cant get rid of in lunch gets used in dinner in currys and other stews. I had stomach issues and I ate in some of the dirtiest places before.
Everything cost extra here, from the Wifi to the drinks. For the price you pay, you could be getting 5 star service in a resort in the Caribbeans. If this resort was anywhere else, it would just be a really really average place. Don't expect any type of service that you haven't seen anywhere else. We stayed at the O room. The receptionist said that teas and coffees were unlimited but the room itself only have an espresso machine so you can't even boil water so what is the point of putting the tea and coffee there when you have to request a kettle anyway? Most restaurants are covered in sand, it just feels dirty to eat in.
This resort has a lot of people, don't expect an intimate setting, one night you had to wait in the bar to get a table in the restaurant. I traveled almost 16 hours on the plane to get here and it was just disappointing at how average this resort is. Other resorts have 24 hour room service that's free since you're paying for the all inclusive package, and free wifi. It cost $6 for a soda for room service, that is just utterly crazy.
The prodiver shop needs training in customer service. If you have any sand or rocks on your items when you return them, they will ask you to wash it for them. Is that not their job?
If you're looking for a really average vacation or honeymoon, stay here and don't expect anything spectacular. Remove the beautiful maldives, and you just have a plain old resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kuredu Island Resort & Spa, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Kuredu, in Lhaviyani Atoll. It is 1800 meters long by 325 meters wide, about 57 Hectares (143 acres). Your seaplane transfer from Velana International Airport is a scenic, 40 minute flight. The 383 Rooms include 10 Sultan Pool Villas including 1 Villa Family Suite, 50 Sangu Water Villas including 1 Honeymoon Suite, 100 Jacuzzi Beach Villas, 93 Beach Villas, 90 Beach Bungalows & 40 Garden Bungalows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, TravelUp and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kuredu Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuredu Island Hotel Kuredu
- Kuredu Island Resort And Spa
- Hotel Kuredu Island
- Kuredu Island Maldives
- Kuredu Maldives
- Kuredu Island Resort Maldives
- Kuredu Island Resort & Spa Maldives