I don't usually review places a second time, but am making an exception for Kuredu, because we stayed in the O resort this time - which merits a review in its own right. Although Kuredu is one hotel, it has three very definite areas. The Sangu end (Water Villas, sandspit, quiet bar and restaurant) the Main area, with Bonthi and Koamas resatuarnts, as well as main pool, several bars, shops and the Dive Centre, and the O resort...about 15 minutes walk from the main area at the far end of the island.
We stayed in a beautiful beach bungalow about midway between the Main Street and the O resort - it meant a walk to meals which may explain why despite eating 3 huge meals a day I haven't put on as much weight as I expected! There was a golf-buggy taxi but we rarely used it.
The O resort undoubtedly has the restaurant/bar with the best views, and the pool area is very quiet and peaceful. Food in all restaurants is the same, but in O was always delicious and fresh. Special mention must go to our excellent waiter, Shafleen - one of the best waiters we have ever encountered. He was friendly, very much on the ball, always quick to notice empty water glasses or dirty plates, always with a smile, and on duty every meal for the fortnight we were there.
The highlight of the trip has to be the all day snorkel trip, organised by Prodivers, when we not only swam with mantas, and were accompanied by a huge pod (maybe 80) of dolphins for about half and hour, but also snorkelled several good reefs and had lunch moored by a deserted island in the crystal clear lagoon. We also snorkelled on the house reef most days, and though the coral is pretty dead there is a wide variety of fish to be seen - and turtles over the sea grass. We were surprised that a number people based near us were snokelling opposite the O villas, on the North shore...much less to see than on the "jetty" side of the island. We also used the O spa a couple of times which is great!
We flew with Qatar Air for the first time, There was a very short connection time on our return (45 minutes) but Doha Airport is geared up for these quick transfers and it all went smoothly.
Overall another brilliant holiday in the Maldives which is a very special place - and we do not regret returning to Kuredu at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kuredu Island Resort & Spa, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Kuredu, in Lhaviyani Atoll. It is 1800 meters long by 325 meters wide, about 57 Hectares (143 acres). Your seaplane transfer from Velana International Airport is a scenic, 40 minute flight. The 383 Rooms include 10 Sultan Pool Villas including 1 Villa Family Suite, 50 Sangu Water Villas including 1 Honeymoon Suite, 100 Jacuzzi Beach Villas, 93 Beach Villas, 90 Beach Bungalows & 40 Garden Bungalows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kuredu Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuredu Island Hotel Kuredu
- Kuredu Island Resort And Spa
- Hotel Kuredu Island
- Kuredu Island Maldives
- Kuredu Maldives
- Kuredu Island Resort Maldives
- Kuredu Island Resort & Spa Maldives