Date - 8th January 2008-23 January 2008
We have just returned from our second visit to Kuredu and are just as amazed as we were following the first visit! There is no doubt about it that this island is everything that you would expect from the maldieves and so much more.
On both visits we chose to upgrade to a Beach Villa and this time were placed in the brand new "O" Resort. A little aprehensive as we knew the original beach villa's were lovely and we had not seen or read alot about the new "O" villa's, we could not have been more surprised! Beautifully furnished with wooden floors and solid wood furnature, spacious outdoor bathroom, desk, table, small sofa and king size bed. Yes it is true that the best part of the beach is on the other side of the island with the original beach villa's but that is more than compensated for by the "O" restort's private pool and modern bar again in keeping with the wooden decore and host to some of the most amazing views on the island.
Upgrading from AI Beach Bungalow to AI Beach Villa means that you can take your breakfast, lunch and dinner in a variety of 4 different restaurants, Bothi (BB can ONLY use this restaurant and it gets very busy), Komas (fantstic, informal and situated by the main pool), Sangu (the main restaurant for the water villa's), and the stylish "O" restaurant. There are also 3 a la carte restaurants, The Beach (great lobster). The Far East, and Franco's for pizza etc.. In all of these restaurants your All Inclusive drinks still appy!
The main pool was where we chose to spend a lot of our time, very relaxed and surprisingly quiet compared to a large amount of guests on the island. Only a few minuites out on the still blue sea in a canoe and you are surounded by Sea Turtles and Sting Rays, wind surfing and sailing are also available on your All Inclusive package.
Kuredu is 40 minuites away from Male on a sea plane, the flight boasts some of the most amazing views over the Indain Ocean however is not for the faint hearted. Our sources reveal there is a new International airport that will be opening within the next two years in a neighbouring atoll meaning Kuredu will be only a 15 min boat ride away, good news for thoes not too keen on the sea plane.
All in all Kuredu is a fantastic holiday choice and I will be very happy to help anyone wanting any information.
Sally & Jon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kuredu Island Resort & Spa, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Kuredu, in Lhaviyani Atoll. It is 1800 meters long by 325 meters wide, about 57 Hectares (143 acres). Your seaplane transfer from Velana International Airport is a scenic, 40 minute flight. The 383 Rooms include 10 Sultan Pool Villas including 1 Villa Family Suite, 50 Sangu Water Villas including 1 Honeymoon Suite, 100 Jacuzzi Beach Villas, 93 Beach Villas, 90 Beach Bungalows & 40 Garden Bungalows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kuredu Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuredu Island Hotel Kuredu
- Kuredu Island Resort And Spa
- Hotel Kuredu Island
- Kuredu Island Maldives
- Kuredu Maldives
- Kuredu Island Resort Maldives
- Kuredu Island Resort & Spa Maldives