Kuredu Island Resort & Spa
$597
Fushifaru Maldives(Lhaviyani Atoll)
$330
  • Breakfast included
Palm Beach Island Resort & Spa(Madhiriguraidhoo Island)
$284
  • Beachfront
Soneva Jani(Medhufaru)
$3,755
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Cheval Blanc Randheli(Randheli Island)
$2,970
Noku Maldives(Kudafunafaru Island)
$352
$341
8,306 results
All reviewsbeach bungalowour waiterour honeymoonfishsea planekuredu islandmain receptionsunset cruisewhite nightroom boybeach restaurantnorth sidemain areaall inclusive packagewhite partya la carte restaurantsmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 11, 2011

We looked into various Maldives resorts and decided on Kuredu as it was an original favourite. I read many reviews before jetting off and will now give my opinion.

Travel
We booked 13th-28th November and after a 10 and a half hour flight, we arrived at Male airport. We had roughly an hour wait until we boarded the sea plane. The sea plane was very small and it was extremely hot having not yet acclimatised, but it was definitely a worthwhile experience. The views from the plane were amazing so you definitely need a camera to hand to take photos of the many islands you pass in the 40 minute journey.

Accommodation
We landed at Kuredu and were greeted by staff playing drums which was a nice welcome to the island. The island host gave us a brief tour of the island before taking us to or beach villa. We stayed in villa 102 and is located in the Sangu part of the island and was on the best part of the beach. We had a clear view of the ocean and were directly on the beach. The sea planes land in front of the villa and are very noisy but you get used to it and it is a small price to pay for the best location on the island. The outdoor bathroom is a nice touch and we had a lizard visit us in there one day. There is a hairdryer in the bathroom but it's so warm I wouldn't bother using it and you certainly won't need your straighteners due to the humidity. The rooms were cleaned twice a day and were immaculate.

We ate at the Koamas restaurant and can't fault it. There was a wide variety of food and was something for everyone. The waiters are very attentive and will look after you.

Snorkelling
Wherever you go on the island you will see sealife. We went snorkelling in front of the pool area and saw turtles, various fish and sting rays. When we went for a walk around the island we saw small sharks on the O side of the resort as well as many other fish. Even if your not a fan of snorkelling you wont miss out. Walking along the jetty you will see lots of fish and crabs and when paddling in the sea you'll find fish around you.

Island
The island really is picture perfect with the clear blue sea and white sand. It takes about 50mins to walk around the island and I would definitely recommend it. The sand spit is amazing and we often walked out for miles at low tide. There are 2 spas on site which offer a wide range of treatments, golf course and football pitch. There are also water sports available and we took advantage of the canoes. You wont need shoes, everything is sand based. The staff work around the clock to maintain the island - they deserve so much credit for their hard work, especially after a storm.

Weather
It was always in the 30s but was not sunny for the 2 weeks. The first week was beautiful but in the second week we witnessed some amazing storms - I've never known wind, rain or thunder like it! Don't let this put you off though, it didn't put a downer on our holiday at all. I would advise taking insect repellent - I only got bitten after it had rained but be prepared.

It was my birthday when I was out there and the room boy decorated my bed for me and the waiter decorated the table in the evening. I even received a note from Laura, our rep wishing me a happy birthday. There is entertainment in the evenings but is quite low key. We recommend the Maldivian night and you can buy a pina colada style cocktail in a fresh coconut - its amazing! Laura, our rep, was brilliant and was always around.

It really was an amazing holiday and I would strongly recommend it to everyone - the holiday blues have kicked in and will be around for a long time!

Room Tip: O side of the island is quieter but beach is limited, there is a sea wall and some views are obstructed by other accommodation. Sangu side has bigger beach and better views but is noisier due to the sea plane although the planes can be heard from most areas on the island. Definitely recommend beach villas although its paradise wherever you are.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kelly H
Reviewed December 7, 2011

We booked Kuredu to celebrate my 40th Birthday and were not disppointed. If you are taking the sea plane transfer a camera is a must as the views are amazing.
We stayed in a Beach Bungalow which was extremely well kept and cleaned twice a day. The outside bathroom took some getting used to but it was all part of the experience. The room did have tea & coffee making facilities which brings me on to my only moan. Once you have used the supplies provided you have to purchase more from the shop which is something I can never understand on all inclusive basis when Tea & Coffee is included. However we did come prepared with a jar of Q Tea so we could have our morning cuppa on the beach! Outside our bungalow appeared to be the flight path for the fruit bats which were amazing they are so cute and the biggest I have ever seen.
The Service in the restaurant was excellent and the food was extremely good, heavily influenced by Sri Lankan cuisine. There was a different theme every night, you would have to be a very fussy eater to find nothing you liked. The Babuna bar is the entertainment bar but we chose to drink in the Akiri bar or the pool bar which were really relaxing.
For my 40th Birthday we booked a romantic candle lit dinner on the beach. It cost $340 but if you are celebrating a special occassion it is worth every penny as the 4 course menu was fantastic, they even gave me a birthday cake and when we returned to our bungalow the bed had been beautifully decorated with flowers.
Kuredu has a lagoon which is a nursery for black tip baby reef sharks its amazing walking through the sea and seeing them just glide by you. Snorkelling is a must as the sea is so clear and shallow.
The sunset cruise was breathtaking we took some stunning photos and if you are lucky the dolphins will put in an appearance.
Kuredu is what you want it to be, from water sport activities to just wanting to laze around on the beach or by the pool its not over crowded and its so easy to escape people if you want to!
Its a tropical island so be prepared for all weathers and trust me the clouds are a welcome break from the blistering sun.
Don't forget the no shoes policy, we didn't believe it either but it's true even in the bars and restaurants.
The Maldives are absolutely stunning and so was Kuredu

Room Tip: If you have booked a beach bungalow request one in the lower 400's as the ones numbered 430 upwards have their view of the sea obscured by the water villas
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ms_cannell
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Arrived 23 nov
Departed 7 dec

Arrived on Kuredu via TMA seaplane, and whisked off to Akiri bar to register. Very slick and smooth. Laura our rep was fantastic

Luggage taken directly to our Beach Bungalow (451). We were about 15 yards from the sea, looking out onto the Water Villas. Within the hour we were in the sea. It was like stepping into the bath

We were allocated the Bonthi Restaurant for our meals. Meals there were very good (wide selection). Thought the food was good there until we were upgraded

After about 5 days in Laura asked if we would like to go on three day/two night yacht trip with an upgrade on our return

The Muna was our yacht/home for three fab days and nights. Superb snorkelling. Zahin (our guide) with Capt Ibraham and his crew took us to a couple of local islands and a couple of uninhibited islands.

We saw loads of dolphins swimming and jumping along side the yacht

We did night fishing catching our supper. Superbly cooked by chef Ali

We swam with loads of manta rays. Snorkelled on reefs. Got some amazing photos

On our return we found we had been upgraded Free OF Charge to a stunning jacuzzi beach villa (153). With this upgrade we got access to the other three restaurants and two bars. The food at the Sangu and O restaraunts were out of this world, but we had to ring and reserve these two at 9am for dinner

The weather for the first couple if days was hot but with the ocassional thunder storm, but by end of Nov the rain only arrived late at night. After that it was sun and very hot

Dress code for evening meals is very relaxed. No need to "doll" up

Don't bother taking shoes. Bare feet or flip flops is all you need

We sat out late at night feeding the fruit bats. Put some bananas in the tree near your room, turn balcony light out and sit back on your sun lounger and wait

If you can, then take some spas. They were fab

Nothing is too much bother for any of the staff on the island.

Kuredu time is 1hr ahead of Male time

We had an absolutely fantastic time and are already saving to go back.

Once you have been to Kuredu you will not want to go anywhere else again

• Stayed: November 2011
6  Thank marktstephenson
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Absolutely brilliant. I cannot fault the resort at all.
Our room was an en suite beach hut with views over the ocean.
Crystal clear water with a house reef. Snorkeling brilliant, I swam with turtles!
The food was excellent and our dedicated waiter was on the ball. G&T appeared almost as soon as we sat down.
WiFi in the bar to keep in touch.
Go on the trips offered, swimming with manta rays? Brilliant.

Room Tip: Never saw a bad one. I was offered an upgrade but declined. Upgrade from a 30 second stroll into the sea??
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alan S
Reviewed December 4, 2011

What a gorgeous place... I would recommend this to both couples and families. There is a good mixture of being able to lie around the beach for the entire holiday, or experiment with water sport activities if you'd prefer, although this may prove quite expensive if you have a large family. The best thing to do is to buy a simple snorkel, mask and fin set before you fly out as the sea-life is the most amazing thing I've ever seen! And free :-) Turtles, rays, baraccudas and other brightly coloured fish can be seen really close to the shore- you don't need to swim out very far to have them around you. I'd definitely advise getting the sea plane rather than a speed boat for your transfer as the views are spectacular- one of the best parts of the holiday. The food here is insane, caters for all tastes and the main restaurant itself is set on a sandy floor, so you feel like you are dining at the beach. We stayed in a beach bungalow and were offered an upgrade but delined as the beach bungalws were in a better spot and more rustic- still with an outside bathroom and four poster bed. Take some cooling mist spray as the temperature stays the same throughout the 24 hours (we went in April). And if you've booked or are booking this holiday, I am SO jealous!!! Will definitely have to go again in my lifetime- Pure paradise.

Room Tip: Beach bungalow did it for me :-) Although all accomodation looked beautiful.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family