“First Class dive centre”
Review of Prodivers Maldives

Prodivers Maldives
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Kuredu
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The facilities that Pro Divers provide are first class, very well organised and the hire equipment was of good quality. You keep the same BCD and regulator for your stay, on your allotted peg. Nitrox was provided free of charge for qualified nitrox divers, which was appreciated. For dives on the house reef the tanks were taken onto the jetty, or boat, ready for your dive and collected for you at the end.

There was a wide range of dives organised every day to meet the range of dive needs. We asked about a night dive and it was happily arranged for the two of us, thanks Jenna for a superb dive. I highly recommend the night dive to everyone, a great experience.

Everyone at the dive centre was excellent, very helpful and personable. Swen presented a weekly video log, with cocktails, which is well worth seeing and is a lovely start to the evening.

The house reef does offer an interesting dive with plenty of life and a wreck which has a lot of fish and coral life on, and in, it. Snorkelling at Kuredu island is poorer compared to other Maldivian islands, however, there were green sea turtles a few metres off the beach, which were magical,so they did compensate somewhat for the weaker snorkelling elsewhere around the island. The dive team do organise snorkel trips, but these seemed expensive.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I did our PADI referral which meant we had to complete 4 dives in the Maldives. The Prodivers team were amazing, Karola, swen and of course our fabulous instructor Alexis. They made us feel very welcome and made our dives something we will never ever forget. Needless to say (with Alexis as our instructor) we passed our PADI and managed to squeeze one more dive in. Particular thanks goes out to Swen for making such a memorable DVD of some of our dives, something we will treasure for many many years to come.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I'm never one for writing reviews but I had to write one for prodivers and to encourage anyone who is going to the island to give them a visit. I had never done snorkling, or diving before this holiday and dispite a lot of initial worry and nervousness I am so pleased that I got to experience the water life of the maldives - it was just amazing!

I started off with the introduction to snorkling which i really enjoyed, and went on to try diving - mainly as a one off experience (it won't be a one off now!). Prodivers were able to cater for all dive abilities and levels, me as a complete nervous beginner, and my husband as a dive master. They were so professional, taking nessessary health checks where appropriate, and generally in the way I was reassured and supported through the whole process.

I have to give so much praise to Karola - who guided me through the introductory skills (which I didnt handle too well to start with! But she knew exactly how to encourage a calm and focused attitude) and was also present on my second dive. Again just as much praise to Greg - who lead the second and third dive, he made the whole experience informative and fun and was also very encouraging. Thank you both so much - prodivers are extremly lucky to have two assest like them in their team. The equipment men and boat men where also friendly and done a lot to make the trip possible - thanks to them too.

A definate must for any beginner, I couldn't of had a better introduction to diving - and I cant wait to do it again!! :)

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We've just returned from 2 weeks in Kuredu and enjoyed some fabulous diving with the Prodivers team. Everyone was so professional and caring and knowledgable and ensured we got the very best out of our dives taking into account the mixed weather we had. Many thanks to Darren (see the May edition of Sports Diver!) for some fabulous wreck dives, to Maueen for his great tution which helped us get our Nitrox certificate, to Yves for an interesting night dive (still laughing about it now!) to Elodie, a talented and incredibly lovely lady who introduced us to our first lepard shark - photos on their way to you now Elodie! and finally to John, we'll never forget the sight of the 11 mantas and dozen or so dolphins on the full day snorkel trip. Here's to a fabulous summer for you all and hoping to see you all again next year. with very best wishes, Ian and Gerry Smith, UK.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

My wife and I spent a week at Kuredu and went scuba diving with Pro Divers on 4 of those days. They are very well organized, the rental equipment is top-notch and they have a wonderful group of people. The crews that carry the tanks and man the boats are great.
My wife got certified right before we went to Kuredu, and had done only 2 post-certification. The dive sites are great for all levels. My wife had gotten her Open Water certification a couple months before we went to Kuredu, and had only done 2 post-certification dives. She loved diving with Pro Divers. They made her feel very comfortable, and after a few dives with them, she felt 100% comfortable in the water.

Swen is their underwater videographer, and he produces a weekly video. The video was excellent, so we purchased it (for $50, I believe). I really liked the fact unlike many other dive organizations that I have experienced, they did not do any type of hard sell for the video. They show the video on Friday. There is no pressure to buy the video or even to watch it.

Pro Divers is expensive, but what isn't expensive in the Maldives?

Thanks to Darren, Armin, Sebastjan, Alexis and the whole team at Pro Divers.

Been to Prodivers Maldives? Share your experiences!