Orcas Hotel
Edenwild Boutique Inn(Lopez Island)(Great Value!)
$231
$200
The Island Inn at 123 West(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
$300
Friday Harbor House(Friday Harbor)
$399
Tucker House Inn(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
$273
$266
Hotwire.com
Bird Rock Hotel(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
$257
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Earthbox Inn & Spa(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
$203
Discovery Inn(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
$189
$169
Official Site
Friday Harbor Suites(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
$240
$194
Travelocity
The Orca Inn(Friday Harbor)
$88
$85
Lakedale Resort at Three Lakes(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
$185
  • Free Internet
All reviewsferry dockthird floorthin wallsthe toilet seatday bedstayed for one nightbed was comfortableseen better daysprivate bathroomlopez islandstaff was very friendly and helpfulwonderful viewgrocery storechecking outspace heatershort drivewedding
Reviewed June 22, 2008

I hate old hotels. Okay, a few things get fixed up but basically, it's still an old, worn out place. Here's a marvelous exception. An immense amount of work went into this hotel to bring it up to modern standards. And they did the job right. While making it fit into the modern world, they nonetheless retained the charm of an elegant lady.

Friendly people, comfortable quiet rooms, delicious food. Our regret is that we stayed only one night. If we could do it over, we'd have stayed two or three and used this as a base to explore nearby islands, as it's right by the docks.

Note that the "town" here consists of maybe 5 or 6 buildings. Everybody comes off the ferry and drives to Eastsound. So if you want some variety you'll have to do the same. However, I'd have no trouble eating at Orca's more than once.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Lucky_Eddie
Reviewed June 5, 2008

I have stayed here 3 different times. Each time it has been great!

Once was with my mom, once for a wedding, and once for a romantic night away. The hotel is charming and the food is excellent! The walls in some of the rooms are a little thin, but it is an old Victorian house, so this is to be expected, I think.

Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2003, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cnft
Reviewed February 20, 2008

I stayed at the Orcas Hotel while visiting the island to do a photo shoot. I'd booked the smallest, cheapest room because I hadn't planned to spend much time at the hotel. But I was kind of claustrophobic in that room so I asked if they had anything larger. They put me in a larger room with a great view, and because it wasn't taken for the days I was there, they didn't charge me any extra for it!
Now that was NICE!
The restaurant and bar was also very nice about feeding me when I came back late several nights.
Definitely NOT a modern hotel, but their spirit of hospitality is way better than I've seen almost anywhere else.
I hope to go back someday for a vacation.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank sakamoto
Reviewed October 7, 2007

My wife and I spent our honeymoon at the Orcas Hotel. We had been here once before and had a great time. The staff is very friendly and was able to suggest several areas to check out during our stay. I found the dinner fare to be a nice selection running towards surf and turf type fare and the bar was excellent. Breakfast in the cafe was nice. The staff went all out for our honeymoon, doug prepped our room with champagne, and the staff made an extra effort to make sure we had a great time. I especially enjoyed the jacuzzi tube after all of the wedding activities. I would, and have, recommended this place to many of our friends.

• Stayed: November 2004, traveled as a couple
1  Thank repomanny411
Reviewed August 6, 2007

Having never been to the island we were a little concerned about being right at the Ferry but this town with the exception of Friday night and Sunday afternoon is pretty dead. We sat outside on a Monday night sipping vodka tonics and did not see a soul move for 30 minutes.
However arriving on a Sunday morning the staff was busy with the cafe and the folks waiting for their ferries. By Sunday evening when we returned from a drive around the Island and dinner everything was very tranquillo and the help accomodating.
We stayed in a room with a queen and daybed on the third floor and it was very comfortable with a two room bathroom which made it easier for the three of us. You can use the back entrance to access that floor and it very convenient. Breakfast was okay and we did not eat at their restaurant because we were busy checking out other places.
We would return to Orcas and to the Orcas Inn.
Gas was a $1 a gallon more there at their one gas station. There is plenty to do though a concern is the amount of "private" roads leading to the shores. Lots to explore and looks like a great place for biking and kayaking... we stopped at a great state park for camping with nice swimming facilities right near Mt Constitution. We would consider staying there for a week...

Stayed: July 2007