“Excellent meal again”

The Galloway Arms Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crocketford
The Galloway Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Crocketford B&B and Inns
Gatehouse of Fleet, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal again”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I have already added a review but I felt I have to again. I organised a surprise 60th birthday meal for my mum on the 26 October for 21 people. I have to say everyone loved there meal. I had one of the best starters I have ever had. I would recommend anyone to go and you will not be disappointed. Thank you again all the staff at the Galloway Arms.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Dalbeattie, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Went here for a family meal, All I can say is Fantastic. When we arrived the bar was busy, so a member of staff found us a table as we were a large party. The Staff were very friendly and cannot do enough for you. We were given menu's and also shown the Specials board which I have to say was very extensive with fantastic local game. We each had 3 courses which all I can say were Excellent . We all will be back.

Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were a party of 15 - 6 adults and 9 children - who decided to drop in and dine here one Sunday. Most of the party had been here a couple of times before but for my husband and myself it was a first time. We were seated in a side lounge/bar big enough to seat us all and there was a separate sofa area. What a menu....2 to choose from and a specials board. The children were given menus with crayons that they could colour in with. The staff were extremely friendly (didn't get the waitress' name) and the food was served very quickly. No complaints from our table about the food - excellent. We were thoroughly impressed with the sweet presentation. Served on white plates with what looked like a pattern - in fact the pattern was edible, chocolate and fruit flavoured. Every pattern was different, a real work of art! I can find no fault at all and would certainly come back again. A friendly (and child friendly!) cosy little pub. Well done!!

Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Just returned after a family visit for a birthday evening meal. And... the food and staff were absolutely superb! Catering was for 15 people and everything about the experience was really great! And I am really hard to please! If this is typical of a Tuesday evening's fare then lay on MacDuff!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Liversedge, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

We visted the restauraunt section and Ordered a roast dinner which came with chiplota sausage (what?) mash wasn't so nice and didn't appeal as one of my favourites of the dish. Roast & potatoes were ok but not as good as homemade. Came with Bacon aswell (another what?) bacon ok but covered in gravy was a bit wierd. Had dessert aswell but never actually stayed in the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank JessLoves
Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Mother in laws birthday, 14 of us eating 3 course meals with drinks in Bistro. If you are planning to eat here, go early, the Menu is failry big, then they bring out the "specials" board - its huge - it takes about 30 minutes to read it all, then 30 minutes to narrow your choice down to 2 or 3 - then the final decision...........we all had different starters, they were accompanied with freshly baked loafs of bread, very filling and tasty. The main meals were very filling - we had steaks, venison, chicken, fish, pasta - all were lovely - most couldnt face a desert because they were full, 2 of us managed.............their decorated plates delay the serving time but are well worth the wait. Service was quick, efficient and very friendly. the setting is "old world" but nice - fairly quiet for a Tuesday evening - just us 14 and another table of 6. Easy disabled access off car park and their disabled toilet is a good facility (need to ask the staff for directions) Lovely meals, drinks, coffees, beers wines - £30 a head, including tip - very nice, good value - lovely food

1 Thank George W
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2013

En route Ayr to Dumphries and came across this purely by chance. Charming Australian served us with excellent bacon rolls, lovely scones and good tea and coffee. If you're passing do stop - it's well worth it!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crocketford
The Selkirk Arms Hotel
Craigadam
Craigadam
#1 of 2 in Kirkpatrick Durham
East Brae Cottage Bed & Breakfast

Been to The Galloway Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!