“excellent B and B with very hospitable hosts”

East Brae Cottage Bed & Breakfast
East Brae Cottage Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 4 Crocketford B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This very comfortable (large) cottage is run by two people whom I found extremely hospitable. Jim even cut a screw to a better length for me to repair a fault in my bicycle.
Christine, a mother of four and a foster mother for 24 years, is very solicitous. I did not have an evening meal but the breakfasts were first class. Please consider the review from Greenfish Energy in this light.
Iain Kerr

Room Tip: The cottage is on the main road and there was some traffic noise as I was in a room at the front of...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for East Brae Cottage Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We had 3 workmen staying here Tuesday 21st May 2013. Our workers turned up after a very long day on site servicing wind turbines to be greeted by a very unfriendly reception from the couple who own East Brae Cottage. The man made himself very clear that he was not a supporter of the type of work being done by our men as he did not like wind turbines. This, I feel, was completely irrelevant to their stay and should never have been a an issue. There was also an issue with the appearance of the men as they were a little grubby (they had been on sight all day!) the lady did express her concerns on the phone as to whether or not they were going to be overly mucky to which she was told they should not be too bad but they are servicing wind turbines. This made them aware of the fact that they would not be pristine and also the fact that our workers were working on wind turbines. However unnecessary, then would have been the time to refuse the booking if they felt as strongly against wind turbines. As a company, we value the well being of our staff and as a result of this we would ask you to consider our views on East Brae Cottage.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Greenfish Energ... L
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We were cycling from John O Groats to Lands End there were five of us and we stopped at Christine & Jim. The accommodation was very clean and they cooked us a dinner which we all enjoyed after a 90 mile ride that day. It was great. I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2012

More a boutique hotel / town house sort of bloke but this was a really lovely experience. I think the best I can say to give you a flavour was that when we asked Jim for the number of a taxi firm so we could get a lift back from the local a couple of miles away where we were meeting friends he not only offered to take us there but told us to give him a a all when we were ready to come back! The views from the rear of the bungalow are spectacular, the accommodation comfortable and immaculately clean and the breakfasts fantastic. Very good value from a couple who obviously work very hard to provide a positive experience. Many thanks to Christine & Jim and we promise that if we're ever mad enough to cycle 100 miles in a day again we'll definitely be dropping in!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 19, 2012

What can I say about East Brae Cottage and do it justice.This visit was the second time I have stayed at this little haven whilst on route to see a relative.The breakfast is briiliant and the veiw across the country side is something to die for.My room was clean and in good decorative order.Christine and Jim made me most welcome on both stays I have had.Anybody who is looking for a excellent B&B check out Christine and Jim's place first.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I am now into my second week of my 3 night a week stay here whilst working down here, the owners are one of the most friendly i have come across by far, couldnt be more friendly and helpful. The rooms and bathrooms were spotless. The breakfast was beautiful, good portion and very good service, would recommend this b&b to anyone. If i need to come down this way again i wont hesitate to book here and would recommend to any kind of partys, business family etc, very cosy cottage. So far is the best b&b i have stayed at, and would take some beating to change that.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Christine & Jim were very friendly and welcoming. The accommodation was very clean and the breakfast was first class.

I wiould definitely stay there again if I'm back in the area.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Cycling_man186338

Been to East Brae Cottage Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!