All reviews evening meal four poster roll top bath dining room member of staff venison beautiful building trip to scotland lovely place room was large lounge area old building porridge breakfast was excellent high standard both nights stayed for one night
Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for my 40th Birthday (during our kit car tour of Scotland). Really loved it!
The castle itself is situated in a convenient place to get to Stirling/surrounding area easily, up a private drive making it feel more special, and safe for parking the car.
The staff were friendly and helpful, our room was lovely, with a king size bed, extra space in the “turret” with table/chairs. The bathroom was clean and a good size.
We had breakfast and dinner - both were excellent thanks!
We would definitely recommend the experience, and wouldn’t hesitate to book again if/when we return to Stirling.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BroomhallCastle, Manager at Broomhall Castle, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2018

Thank you so much for your review and for taking the time to write it and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back to the Castle in the not too distant future - and please contact us directly when you want to book !

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

This place could be amazing, however we arrived after a 300 mile trip we were made to feel very unwelcome by the owner Ty , he stood in the door way & informed the four of us they didn’t serve lunch we said that’s ok we would just like to have a coffee, he sent us away to the cafe at the Wallace monument. We returned a few hours later & checked in the rooms are shabby although the bed linen & towels are clean we had drinks in the bar no bar snacks crisps etc we were starving by this time! No where to sit outside the grounds are a big disappointment, the food & service in restaurant & at breakfast is very good , however the chef when requested could not make custard for my husbands dessert. The decor throughout is very tired & uninspiring sadly. If you are looking for a relaxing break with comfortable surroundings then I would give this place a miss .

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Anita G

Thank you for your review and I'm sorry that we did not live up to your expectations, however we do not normally open until 2pm and we do email all our guests in advance to let them know that check-in is from 3pm - 10.30pm (as it is in most, if not all, other hotels), however thank you for taking the time to record your thoughts.

Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

This place is beautiful. The interior is authentic and well maintained. My room overlooking the rear gardens was impressive, huge comfortable bed, lovely bathroom. I had dinner both nights, which was of a very high standard. Breakfast was also lovely with a good choice. Their bar has a range of very unusual gins...I don't think you can beat drinking blue magic gin in a magic castle overlooking gorgeous scenery! I have subsequently bought another bottle from portugal and intend to return to the castle as soon as possible.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
BroomhallCastle, Manager at Broomhall Castle, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

Thank you for your excellent review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the gin ! Next time you are visiting us please let us know what your favourite gin drink is and I'll make sure that we have it in stock.

Reviewed August 13, 2018

If you want to stay in a (sort of) castle then this is the place for you. The building is definitely dramatic from the outside, slightly tired on the inside and staffed by a limited number of friendly but overworked folks. The food was good but the inability to cover both the bar and the restaurant at the same time in the evening was a bit of a let down - it was odd watching other guests play 'hunt the barman' then realising he was also the waiter and occasional receptionist (not his fault - he was doing his best and doing it with a smile on his face).

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Pringers12

Thank you for your review and I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay but sorry that there were not enough staff members on duty for you and we will be discussing this at our next client review meeting however I'm glad that the team member who was there to help you was able to do so always smiling and we do pride ourselves on our friendly attentive staff. I hope you will be tempted to come and visit us again and meet some more of the team !

Reviewed August 10, 2018

This was a fun stay. The food in the restaurant was very good. The castle/manor had been re-purposed a few times. It makes a nice quirky hotel. Our room was spacious and the bathroom was in the round turret attic.

Date of stay: June 2018

Thank you for your review and I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you can come back and see us sometime soon !