I highly recommend this hotel just outside Sterling and near the imposing Wallace Monument.. Apparently it was modeled on Balmoral Castle and it was great to have a stay in a castle- with all the modern conveniences. The quirky history was interesting too. (Wartime episode would make a good film??)
Staff were, as others have said, wonderful - if a little thin on the ground. This lovely place only has 10 rooms so they dont need a reception desk. If you go and there is no one inside the front door, turn left to the lounge and bar area and you'll probably meet the general manager.
Our bedroom had a sofa and coffee table and the largest kingsize bed Ive ever seen, let alone slept in. Linen, pillows and comfort very good. The bathroom was a little small compared to the enormous bedroom but managed to contain a lovely roll top bath, large walk in shower plus sink and wc. My only issue is lack of a shelf in the bathroom to put toiletry bag and no dressing table or plug socket near a mirror for hairdrying in the bedroom.
Dinner and breakfast the next morning were good and restaurant service was excellent.
Highly enjoyable one night stay- wish it had been for longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Broomhall Castle is a family owned hotel with 16 good quality en suite rooms having exposed stone walls and king sized or larger beds. We have two rooms with super king four poster beds for that special break. Situated 5 miles from Stirling with views of the Castle and the Wallace Monument. Enjoy a friendly and personal hotel in a great location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Broomhall Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Broomhall Castle Menstrie
- Broomhall Castle Hotel Menstrie
- Broomhall Castle Scotland/Menstrie