We were looking forward to staying in a castle and when we arrived got a nice large room to the front of the hotel with seating area in mini turret of hotel. There were some light bulbs broken but these got fixed the next day. The bathroom was also a large room with separate shower and roll top bath. We went down for a drink to find that the hotel only has a weekend liquor licence despite their own website suggesting drink in bar before dinner!!(false advertising). We had booked dinner on second night as we like wine with dinner. On speaking to a supervisor next morning we were offered complementary wine with dinner so we did have dinner which was fine. Dining room was a bit plain and could do with something to liven it up rather than it looking like a school dining room (Hotel used to be a school). Overall apart from not getting a drink when we wanted we enjoyed our stay, bedroom and bathroom were clean, staff friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Broomhall Castle is a family owned hotel with 16 good quality en suite rooms having exposed stone walls and king sized or larger beds. We have two rooms with super king four poster beds for that special break. Situated 5 miles from Stirling with views of the Castle and the Wallace Monument. Enjoy a friendly and personal hotel in a great location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Broomhall Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Broomhall Castle Menstrie
- Broomhall Castle Hotel Menstrie
- Broomhall Castle Scotland/Menstrie