“Peaceful and a delight”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Croit Bhraigh

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Stunning vistas to be seen at Croit Bhraigh
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dewforrie
York, United Kingdom
“Peaceful and a delight”
Reviewed October 4, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Brilliant cottage which has everything you need for a great holiday. The wildlife is amazing with deer and pheasants in abundance.
The welcome pack was very generous and the cottage was warm and cosy.

Date of stay: September 2017
Camper520...
“Peace perfect peace”
Reviewed September 18, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Stayed at this lovely croft earlier this month. I was very happy with the accommodation, stylish and cosy, and the welcome pack provided by Kenny was very generous, even including logs for the woodburner. The location is wonderful, blissfully quiet with superb views over the valley. Handy too for visiting local points of interest and the beautiful coast near Dornoch. Easy to book, good directions for finding your way to the croft; I have no hesitation recommending you stay here.

Date of stay: September 2017
Sep 20, 2017
Thank you so much for your lovely informative review, as always we love hearing that gust had a fantastic stay.

Hope to welcome you back one day.

Kirriemuir, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Date of stay: August 2017
Wasntmeth...
“Let Down”
Reviewed August 2, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

We booked this cottage 4 Feb 2017 for week 8-15 July 17 and paid the deposit that day.
Four weeks before the start of our holiday we had not received any further communication from the cottage owner regarding payment of the balance due, so we contacted him (11 June) to ask for the outstanding balance due and the method of payment required.
The owner then contacted us back to let us know, due to his personal circumstances the cottage was no longer available.
He did offer us the week before (1-8 July) but my husband has "fixed holiday blocks" and a change or swap at that late stage was not acceptable.
We were left bitterly disappointed, and had only 4 weeks to find alternative accommodation.
The owner repaid us our deposit with an additional £50 as compensation for inconvenience.
I have since discovered the cottage was let out to another family for the week we actually booked.
We were left completely disappointed and hurt, that not only was our holiday cancelled but we were given a cover up story.
I still think the cottage looks beautiful and from previous visits I know the area is stunning, but if you book Croit Bhraigh it may be wise to have a back up - just in case.

Date of stay: July 2017
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Aug 2, 2017
Hi Mrs Hyslop,

Let me start by saying I appreciate any feedback, positive or negative, but I would like to clarify a few points you have raised;
I had received a message from yourself regarding the final payment of your stay the day after I received word of my upcoming hospital procedure for my on going medical condition, Ulcirative Colities. Unfortunately the dates of two hospital stays clashed with your stay and another family's stay, as I explained to you I was stuck as to what I could do and felt the only option was to cancel your stay as I would not be able to conduct a change over etc. I further messaged you with my apology and that I would look in the area for aternative accommodation. As I never heard back from you after refunding your deposit and an extra amount, 4 weeks prior to your stay I assumed you would no longer wish to stay with us, a fair enough outcome to something that had of course affected your planned holiday. My cover story as you detailed it was actually an infusion of medication to help me stay in remission from colitis and a series of invasive examinations. The subsequent booking was established well after this exchange we had and was kindly overseen by my mother who took time off her work in order to help.

I would like to take this opportunity to again apologise for the cancellation and disappointment you must have experienced but I assure you, there was no clandestine agenda in the cancellation of your booking.

Regards

canalcity
“A wee gem in the Highlands of Scotland.”
Reviewed July 23, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

A very comfortable, dog friendly cottage in a beautiful location, well equipped for a self catering holiday. The welcome pack was most generous and made us feel at home straight away. Lovely beaches, spectacular scenery and wildlife in abundance. Great food and friendly staff at local inn. A perfect place to get away from it all. We all had a lovely time and hope to return.

Date of stay: July 2017
Jul 26, 2017
Hi Sally,
Thank you for your lovely review and I'm so glad you had a nice stay, we would certainly love to have you back!

Angie72M
“Tranquil”
Reviewed April 2, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Secluded location in lovely countryside setting. Beautiful views, friendly neighbours and sheep! The accommodation was perfect for a get-away-from-it-all holiday, lovely homely decor, clean and cosy. The welcome tray was second to none and the cottage provided all the usual fittings and fixtures you need to make yourself at home.

Date of stay: March 2017
Apr 3, 2017
Hi Angie,

First of all thank you for your lovely feedback, being new to the sector it's great hearing what we are doing right and what we could improve on.
We'd love to have you stay again.

Warmest regards

Kenny & Rachel
HHBStones...
Stonesby,Leics
“Beautiful little gem with outstanding scenery”
Reviewed March 8, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Croit Bhraigh in the stunning Rogart valley, this is a fantastic little find I would fully recommend , fully equiped, cosy, very comfortable and dog friendly. Near enough to fantastic beaches, the lovely small town of Dornoch and with the breath taking scenery of Sutherland and Caithness on your doorstep. It is a credit to owners Kenny and Rachel Gunn who were so helpful , friendly and for whom nothing was too much trouble, right down to the welcome pack of essentials on arrival. Booking was hassel free and very professional. 5 ***** definitely.

Date of stay: February 2017
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing