“enjoyable time”

and 1 more site!
Rhiconich Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rhiconich
Reviewed March 16, 2014

stayed at the hotel for a wonderful week . staff all very friendly and helpful. best scenery around and my room was fantastic . the food was excellent . well recommended at any time of year .loved the fact I could take my dog with me .

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank lynnette t

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Spent a rather miserable night at this hotel despite the stunning scenery that surrounds it. Room was ok but being the solitary dinner in the rather bleak dining room was not fun. There was a peat fire in the sitting room which was rather more cheering but the owners did not offer me the opportunity to use the tables in adjoining dining area. There was also a rather off putting smell of frying oil in the hall and stairs, which seemed strange when there is so much fresh air surrounding the hotel. I found alternative accommodation for the next night !

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank marion_s661
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stopped off at the Rhiconich for an overnight stay whilst on a tour of the Highlands. A warm and efficient welcome from reception, we were shown to our single rooms on the ground floor, next to the reception. They were small, but perfectly formed and more then adequate for our needs. The en suite shower rooms looked brand new and nicely finished, with toiletries, gorgeous smelling fresh towels and lashings of hot water from the power shower. OK, so dinner was disappointing, but the view from the front of the hotel more than makes up for it and so did the delicious cooked breakfast the next morning!
So, the hotel needs a bit of updating, but it's lovely and clean and very comfortable, has the best pillows I've ever slept on and is welcoming. And I reckon these are the qualities better suited to the weary travellers needs than a feature wall of grotesque wallpaper and a naff chandelier.....

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lully06
Reviewed August 27, 2013

stayed here for one night while touring in the North West, and my friend and I were shown into two tiny rooms, spotlessly clean, and with everything needed for a brief stop. The views over Loch Inchard were fabulous; the hotel directly faces the loch and it was so quiet and peaceful that we wished we were staying longer. Having read other reviews we were slightly disappointed with the menu, but I suppose it had something to suit everybody - perhaps we made the wrong choices.
The bed was very comfortable indeed, the room cosy, and plentiful tea and coffee provided along with the kettle in the room. Cheerful service, terrific selection of drinks at the bar, can't recommend this place highly enough. Even a drying room for the more intrepid hill walkers and bikers.

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms may have been quieter, but this doesn't seem to be a 'party' hotel an...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank JustaMo
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel is in an amazing location and has very friendly staff and good service. However, it lets itself down. I don't mind dated rooms but the hotel doesn't feel clean. The public areas aren't well maintained and our bedroom didn't feel spotless. The hotel smells of frying in all the public areas and the menu was like stepping back in time - and not in a good way. My "king prawns" were not king prawns by any stretch of the imagination, my husband's baked camembert was cold in the middle. The meat we had for the main course (lamb for me, steak for my husband) was delicious, but the veg were overcooked and the atmosphere in the restaurant unfortunately left us just wanting to get out as quickly as possible. This hotel needs to up its game, it is relying on its location and I think could be excellent with minimal investment - but it just isn't hitting the mark at the moment.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jojom999
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel was a good stop-over in this remote part of Scotland. Although a bit dated, the room and bathroom were spotless with a great view over the sea loch. The food was good and had linen tablecloths in the restaurant - a nice touch.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike F
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed here for a night as a break from camping in our van. We were given a warm welcome by the owners. Delighted to find the accommodation clean, comfortable and with utterly fantastic views of the area...have to say I laughed at a previous negative review of this hotel, stating it was "rather remote"...isn't that the point?!
We also brought our very large but well behaved dog and he was made to feel equally welcome, (this hotel is advertised as dog friendly.)
We had dinner in the bar as we had our dog with us (for obviously reasons, dogs not allowed in the dining room) and the food was delicious - I recommend the fish, both battered and breaded, its equally tasty! Staff were chatty and friendly throughout the evening.
Also found there to be oodles of hot water for a bath...a treat after a couple days spent in the van!
Overall, very happy with our stay, would highly recommend to others!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BCarnie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhiconich
21 mi away
The Drumbeg Hotel
The Drumbeg Hotel
#1 of 1 in Drumbeg
Overscaig House Hotel

Been to Rhiconich Hotel? Share your experiences!