“loved the family history”
Review of Thirlestane Castle

Thirlestane Castle
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Lauder
More attraction details
Owner description: A unique 16th century castle in the Scottish Borders which has undergone a 2 year restoration project. In 2017 the castle is open from 2 May - 1 October every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 10am to 3pm (last admission) and offers castle tours and use of the grounds and children's play area. Thirlestane can also be used for weddings and events, along with holiday lets through use of the castle's luxury Lauderdale Apartment. Please feel welcome to look at our website for further information and contact details.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
A TripAdvisor Member
“loved the family history”
Reviewed June 27, 2005

I am a relitave of the Maitlands. My name is Rebecca Walker.
I live in Adelaide, Australia. Last year i visited the castle, and thought it was amazing. My Grandmother died a year ago, and i wanted to go there to see my family history, she had never been there before and i wanted to go for her. It was like going back it time.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Norway
“Amazing place.....”
Reviewed May 6, 2005

One of the finest place I've ever been. Nice and exquisite interior.
The exhibit includes the everyday life from the royalty to the servants, very interesting. Really worth a visit