“Excellent B&B, very welcoming couple in a great location”
Review of A Eilean A Cheo

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cromdale
A Eilean A Cheo
Ranked #5 of 5 Cromdale B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 5, 2011

I stayed at A Eilean A Cheo from the 1st of April for 3 nights. I mainly chose due to its location and good reasonable rates. It is up a very quiet road so you would not be disturbed by traffic. I was travelling alone as I was on a birdwatching trip (mainly for black grouse) but this accomodation is extreamly close to Grantown on Spey the Cairngorms and the North Coast.

The great thing about A Eilean A Cheo is that Jan (who runs the B&B) and her husband are so welcoming and made my stay very comfortable.

A packed luch was included, which is great if you are out walking, or doing bird photography. You can request an evening meal in advance but I ate in Grantown which as a wide variety of Restaurants (and also in Tomintoul).

The room (I was in) was basic but warm and had everything I would expect. There is also Wireless Internet avaliable which was alot quicker than what I have at home. One of the best things is you can see red squirrels from the kitchen, and a wide variety of wildlife!

I dont think I could have chosen a better place to stay on my first trip to Scotland and if I were to travel to the Spey area again I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed July 12, 2010

This was one of the best B&Bs we stayed in during our walk along the Speyside Way. We were given a warm welcome and were very kindly given a lift into Grantown for our evening meal as the local hotel had just changed hands and was having difficulty providing food. The house was spotless, had beautiful views and breakfast was delicious. Gordon and Jan even managed to turn the next day's very dismal forecast of rain, into bright sun!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2010

A comfortable large house for our party of seven - but only one bathroom! Very kindly hosts took us to the town where we could eat at the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 16, 2010

Jan and Gordon are wonderful hosts, and gave great advice and help about walking, touring and fishing.Their place was cozy and immaculate, not too many bathrooms, but loads of charm, great meals, and relaxed and friendly chats.It's wonderful in the Highlands, when we go again, we would definitely stay at A Eilean A Cheo!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2010

A Eilean a Cheo was a quiet modern comfortable home with stunning views, offering easy access to some of the most impressive country that Scotland has to offer. The food was of a very high standard and nothing was too much trouble to help us enjoy our stay to the full

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2010

warm welcome, good tips for excursions,great breakfast, very neat and quiet rooms.
we had a very pleasant stay

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2010

Jan and Gordon welcomed us (Prenant wife, 2 year old child, tired Dad) at short notice during the snows. Nothing was too much trouble and we had a great stay for 3 nights.
We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family

Been to A Eilean A Cheo? Share your experiences!