“Food was very good”
Review of Bijoux

Bijoux
Reserve with OpenTable
Bijoux is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Bijoux is a full service fine dining restaurant located in The Market Shops at Sandestin. Open for dinner seven nights a week, we feature the freshest Gulf seafood, prime steaks and an extensive award winning wine list. Our intimate Bijoux lounge features a full bar complete with a large selection of specialty martinis.
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here. The food was very good. We each had a crab cake appetizer and it was good, not great, just good. I had the swordfish special, it was a blackened piece of swordfish with crab and corn relish on top of the fish and the fish was sitting on top of grits. It was very good. My husband did not want the grits on his swordfish special, so he got steamed asparagus instead and got the crab and corn salsa on the side. We both enjoyed the fish special very much. The waitress had a pleasant personality, no issues with service.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Our experience started with calling in our reservation. The girl on the phone was warm and welcoming taking down our information and easily answering all of the questions I had about the restaurant and the cuisine.

Arriving for our reservation we're greeted by the front of the house, and given our option of tables. The decor is very low key and upper class. Really expressing the high caliber of restaurant that BB strives to be.

Our waitress was friendly and knowledgeable, quick with drink orders and able to answer any question we had about the menu or the specials available.

The wine list is extensive, having a healthy selection of house wines in addition to any special occasion bottles. The pair of mixed drinks we ordered were also perfect.

As the food orders came, each course was more delicious than the last. Between the four of us we had a full sampling of what the kitchen (and Chef Jack McGuckin) had to offer. The pork belly appetizer was perfectly contrasted by the focaccia bread and pickled vegetables. The oyster salad was crispy and balanced with the dressing.

As the main dishes arrived, my steak was seared and medium rare (as ordered). Both seafood dishes were flaky and buttery, stuffed with high quality lobster and shrimp. Full of flavor that could slow even the fastest of eaters.

Lastly, came the desserts. A chocolate molten cake with exquisite nutella ice cream, and a mixed fruit cobbler.

Our entire party left full and satisfied, and unable to imagine a better way to celebrate the anniversary and birthday.

Highly recommended and will do again!!

1  Thank Evan C
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This restaurant is located in the San Destin Resort and right near all the kiddy activities. Given the spot, I would had anticipated a more "Sysco" like meal. Happily, I was wrong!

The bar offered a strong collection of scotch and vodkas as well as a lovely wine list.

Once in the dining room, we went with most of the specials and non fried foods. YUM! If it had not been our last night, I would have revisited the restaurant. Nice ambiance and staff was a little inexperienced but very accommodating.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

This is our favorite restaurant for amazing food and drinks! The Chef is incredibly talented, offering spectacular food (try the lobster spring rolls!) without fail. Don't stop at apps and entrees- the wine list and drinks are just as wonderful. We can't wait to go to Bistro Bijoux again!

2  Thank KEnache
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The manager is the worst manager of any restaurant I have ever eaten and I worked in restaurants for years. I ordered red snapper cooked in pancetta. I speak French and lived in France. Little did I know that pancetta is from pork. It is an Italian word not French! Wait, this is a French restaurant, n'est-ce pas? Anyway, I tasted the snapper and it tasted like pig. I was repulsed. It is against my religion and I find it repugnant. The manager came and I was in tears because I was so frustrated and had a bad day anyway. Then I was charged for half the price of the meal. So for a glass of wine and one bite of piggy fish they wanted $31. After seeing a customer in tears and distraught the manager did not care. I called my husband who had not wanted to eat there since he wanted Chinese with my our daughter. He came and handled it and said the manager was a complete jerk. The manager also chastised my husband into leaving a $5.00 tip.

3  Thank Tirika