“Mojitos!!!”

Agave Azul Mexican Cuisine
Ranked #46 of 61 Restaurants in Miramar Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I love this place. The mojitos are excellent. We had the ceviche as appetizer and it was so good, our entree was The El Dorado Mahi Mahi, also really good. I have to mention their complementary chips and salsa are one of the best I ever had. I highly recommend this place if you are in the area.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I'd like to first mention that every part of the staff/management that we enteracted with were great. The Manager was very friendly and our server was very knowledgable. The restaurant was clean and the atmosphere acceptable. The problem was purely food preperation. My fiance ordered the tacos al carbon and I had the carne asada, which was said to be the signature dish for the restaurant. The food is made to order fresh so you have a longer wait than you would at a normal mexican place. This means that you are more likely to fill up on the chips and salsa. Surprisingly, the chips came with a fresth tomatillo salsa. Unfortunately it had an overpowering onion taste so we didn't eat much and opted for queso dip instead. When our food arrived, we were both a little disappointed that our steak had been overcooked (even though I had ordered rare for skirt steak). She didn't eat her tacos. I tried my best to get through my meal. I'll say that the food was seasoned very well, but it was like eating a delicious peice of shoe leather. You just can't overcook such a thin steak. Overall, just a complete disappointment.

Again, I will say that the server and manager tried their best to make things right and replace our meals, but we really didn't have any interest in trusting their cook. They took the meals off our tickets, which I appreciated.

I believe there is a chance that the meals could have been better. The place does seem to have a good food concept but the execution was very poor. We don't visit Destin often and would likely not return.

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Ate here for the first time today! Yum! Yum! Yum! My husband keeps saying best place in destin!
We had the snapper dish and combo fajitas..being from Texas I am VERY picky about my Mexican food...this place was wonderful!! Friendly service, excellent food! YUM!!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We went on a Friday night and were able to be seated immediately at 6:00. The menu is limited for a Mexican place, but the standards are covered and the kids menu was good as well. We had steak tacos and the flautas. Both items were good, but our friends raved about their quesadillas. The service was top notch, our drinks were filled, the manager stopped by early to see how we were doing. If I returned to the are we would return for sure. 2 adults 2 kids appetizer, $60 with tip.

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

good cold Mexican beer, good prices too. Had a huge plate of chicken nachos that were pretty good. Also had the flautas with steak which were also pretty good. There was a wait at several other restaurants nearby but not here. Great service.