“Happy in Destin”
Review of Destin RV Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Miramar Beach
Destin RV Resort
Buford, Georgia
“Happy in Destin”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Though on the small side, the sites are really nice. The walk to the beach is easy. Amenities are really close. I value the fenced/gated access. We have had family/friends rent the really convenient on-site apartments. I have been here 3 or 4 times now and the only knock I can give is its Wifi Service, which is absolutely terrible. We turned wifi off on our phones and used our VZW Mifi for the computer just due to frustration.

I will likely return, but with my own internet access :-)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Danny F
DickForsberg, Manager at Destin RV Resort, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for so many positive comments. I wanted to address the problem you had with our Wifi service. During the time you vacationed with us, we were experiencing major
issues with the service for two specific reasons. We had been hit by a lightning strike that week
and our tech contractor was working hard to solve the issue. During the same period of time,
we realized that a guest in the resort was downloading extremely large files. These are just
a sample of the kinds of things that can disrupt service. I do think you are wise to use your
VZW Mifi when possible so that you will not be upset or frustrated while on vacation just in case
service is bad for any reason ! Again, thanks and please do return to Destin RV Resort. We
value your patronage and appreciate that you took time to review. DForsberg, Manager

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

The facility is pretty and well kept.
The wifi may as well be nonexistent. As soon and you pause and take a drink it knocks you off and you have to log in again. Very poor. If you are going to offer a service at least allow paying customers to use it.
I can't really comment on the staff because we rarely saw any of them. We saw a gentleman pressure washing the drive but he wasn't talkative at all. The place is very small and doesn't have a dog walk. We walked ours off the grounds. I doubt I would stay here again although I did like the property. Just not my cup of tea. Too uptight.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Billn39
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking time to review. It appears that you experienced wifi issues
and that could have been weather related, or any number of tech problems that we have to
deal with. Fortunately it is the exception and not the rule. My wife and I are here Monday
through Friday from 9 to 5 plus. The Resort is covered on Weekends by another long term
employee. There are times when I am on site (like the day I was
pressure washing) and I apologize for not responding to you while I was working. One other
comment that you made needs an explanation. We are very pet friendly and we do have an
area for pets to be walked. It is the wide grass area that borders our fence on the entrance
side of the resort. It is outside the fence in order to be away from our sites; but easily accessed and part of our private property.
I'm not certain about your "uptight" comment. We strive to be friendly and welcoming and
although we do have certain restrictions, we host very discriminating RV'rs who expect the
security of those restrictions. Again, thank you for the review. DForsberg, Manager
Venice, Florida
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Don't book a site at this campground unless you are walking in the door unless you have a lot of money to waste. There cancellation policy is that you will pay the full amount unless you cancel at least 15 days before you get there. I will never recommend this camp ground to anyone I meet and will be happy to let them know why.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Terry L
Dear Guest, You are right ! We do require that the balance is paid in full 15 days prior to
arrival and unfortunately we cannot refund monies paid for reservations after the 15 day
window. However, you failed to mention that we have a very generous policy for guests
who need to cancel after that 15 day deadline ! Because we do not want your vacation money to be wasted; we will gladly put your reservation on HOLD and give you 100% credit for money
paid to be used any time within the following year ! This policy has been well received and
appreciated by many travelers who experienced emergencies, illnesses, or change of plans
that caused them to have to cancel vacation days. Perhaps I wasn't given the opportunity to
explain this to you. For that I apologize. DForsberg, Manager
Lewisburg, West Virginia
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

We were very impressed with this campground. We stayed over Christmas 2012 and we rented an RV site while my husband's family rented both condos. The RV park itself is fairly small with not too much space to each site, but it is immaculately kept with very pleasant and helpful staff and campers. It is fenced and gated so you will only find campers or staff in the resort. Each site has a small pretty concrete table and benches surrounded by shrubs which adds some privacy. Don't expect to set up games or a food tent as there is no room, but we didn't need it so it wasn't a problem. The condos were very nice, clean and well stocked. You have to climb a flight of steps to get there but the balcony overlooks the campground on on one side and the pool on the other, both of which are pleasant.

A very short walk leads to the gorgeous Miramar beach with gated access, and since it was winter, we could take our dogs. It was pretty quiet and we saw some spectacular sunsets.

A 15 minute walk took us to a large outlet mall, surrounded by restaurants and other stores.

We would definitely return if we came to this area again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Stephanie S
Dear Guest, Thank you for the many positive comments. We are always happy to read
compliments ! You were very diplomatic about the size of our sites. When the resort was
built the idea was to provide privacy and surround the guests with lush landscaping.
In the past 10 years the rigs have gotten bigger and bigger and the palm trees and shrubs
have gotten bigger too ! Almost daily we have to trim branches on sites when for instance,
a 45' 5th wheel with 4 slides pulls in. Our landscaping contractor is forever replanting and
reorganizing the grounds. Our pads are all 60' and many of our owners (sites are privately
owned) have extended the patios and added paving bricks to widen the spaces. The
nice part is we have shade for guests who just want to sit and relax ! Again, thanks for the
review ! DForsberg, Manager
Spanish Fort, Alabama
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We are here now, wonderfully manicured sites, palm trees everywhere,management was terrific, short walk to the beach,, we will def stay here again.... Ps nice pool and facilities too!

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank bpartin143
Dear Guest, Your kind review is very appreciated ! We look forward to hosting you again.
In the future if you have concerns or questions, please feel free to contact me personally.
DForsberg, Manager
Chicago
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I have to admit that this was our first family RV trip.
Last January we rented an RV in Tallahassee and immediately drove to Destin.
Check-in couldn't be less easier...
The neighbors were very friendly even though all the RV there look like those ones in the magazines...our wasn't :-(
They have a temperate pool and the shower-bathrooms were a great discovery when we realized that you haven't to shower always in the tiny RV shower.
The place was clean and gave you an excellent sense of security.
The best part was the access to the beach that is just a couple of blocks away. Excellent, transparent water, white sand beach. It was a good thing, specially from people that lives in Chicago.
The only minus is that you don't have grocery stores at walking distance....
I will be there again for sure...If I ever rent an RV again!!!
JRE

Room Tip: Try to get all the groceries before checking in...you don't have grocery stores nearby...