1,712 results
All reviews evening reception across the street free drinks made to order breakfast private access surf hut water view complimentary breakfast excellent stay very nice hotel outlet mall family vacation spring break atrium jim destin beach
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I took my family here for vacation in early August and it worked out very well.
The Embassy room layout worked perfectly for us- the room was spacious and well appointed. However, it could have used an update. There still aren't flat screen TVs and the decor is dated.
The location is great. It is right on the main beach road- across the street from the beach. This isn't a big deal considering you just cross the street and you are there. The beach itself is beautiful- however I wasn't impressed by the vendors. There is someone set up there who charges $27 to rent an umbrella and a couple chairs. I'd like to see the hotel at least buy a couple set ups so as not to put up with that insult. Due to unusually dense algae blooms, we decided to go to the beach at the state park just West of the hotel. It was $6 to get in, but we had the whole place to ourselves and it was beautiful. There are several restaurants close by that were solid.
The manager's reception was great. I don't usually take advantage of that when I travel for work, but after a long day with the kids an evening beverage was a welcome diversion.
There is an outdoor pool onsite that is nice and well appointed. Breakfast was great- they really do a nice job.
The staff was very friendly throughout our stay and added to the positive experience.
I would have been disappointed if I was here for business because the hotel is very loud due to all of the families and the layout. Also, due to the beach, everything is just not as classy as your normal ES. Sand is everywhere, and I saw unfit scantily clad men and women in the common areas that I will have difficulty unseeing.

Room Tip: I think/hope all rooms are the same- I am diamond with Hhonors and the room was nothing special
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank TDbusiness
Reviewed August 20, 2011

The previous time we had been here it was Spring Break and the crowd was much different. This time, we chose Embassy again for our family vacation and weren't disappointed. When you consider the free breakfast and manager's reception, this hotel offers a great value. The white sandy beach is just a short walk across the street and a refreshing pool is located on the hotel property.
The hotel is clean, staff is friendly, and we'll definitely be back again!

Room Tip: We like being on the left hand facing side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank songstress815
Reviewed July 30, 2011

The roooms are very comfortable and the beach is so close. The evening reception is a nice plus and the breakfast is the best I've ever had at a hotel. My favorite part, however, is the gorgeous and serene lobby/interior courtyard. Huge with many cozy seating areas, this makes the hotel absolutely charming.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank smckj
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My wife and I just stayed four nights and really enjoyed it. The staff was friendly and helpful. The food was excellent. The free breakfast buffet was one of the best of all the Embassy Suite's we have stayed at over the years. The hotel is located just across the road from the beach, and easily accessible. If I had to find something that could stand some improvement it would be the tv system. They are slightly out of date compared to some other nice hotels. And, the access to the computers in the lobby was limited. Most of the time there were young kids in the computer room playing games. We enthusiastically recommend this hotel, and will gladly stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RedParker
Reviewed July 27, 2011

The service was really great. Maid kept our room up everyday. The location was great! You have to cross the street to walk down to the beach. The traffic was heavy there to get across. The only down side was if you notice it will say on the brochere that they have their own beach chairs. Wrong! You have to rent them at 25.00 dollars a day. Don't eat at Fudruckers it was nasty! The pool isn't that big either. For a nice place to stay it was fine.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple