“Loyal customer, still the best in the area”
Review of Sushimoto

Sushimoto
Price range: $0 - $10,000,000
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We have eaten there many times over, especially for lunch. Every time everything has been great. We still haven't found a better place for Sushi in the Destin, Miramar, San Destin area. A must try. Just wish they didn't close midday between lunch and dinner as we often eat a late lunch or early dinner.

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I'm a local... Hands down my favorite sushi place in the Destin area. Give them a try they will not disappoint! Try the Baconator roll...

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Let me start my saying we are very picky eaters so finding good places to eat while on vacation is often a challenge. Despite being a small restaurant they were able to seat us quickly at the bar. We ordered a variety of sushi and a bowl of udon. Everything came out quickly and was delicious. The sushi was fresh and not oversauced. To top it all, the staff was so friendly and welcoming. We loved it so much we had dinner there 2 nights in a row! You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

I LOVE going to sushimoto !!! I CRAVE this place and although I'm a huge fan of their sushi , my favorite thing has got to be the tuna tataki appetizer! I order it every visit and sometimes have to go in for seconds. Its a seared high quality tuna that they sear with a torch so it is perfectly just that...seared.

Be warned, it is small (12ish tables plus sushi bar), you will most likely have to wait if u get there during standard eating times. Also, as most asian restaurants are, the service goes at its own pace. Do not expect the wham bam thank you mam service that you would recieve at your local applebees/tgi fridays. This is an EXPERIENCE. You are there to socialize and to enjoy yourself right? And if youre not then I would probably choose another place ...I.e. if you are on business lunch I would choose panera bread. I mean I dont even know why people who work and have a one hour lunch break expect to be sat, waited on, checks paid and back to work in that time...BUT WHATEVER.

Anyway, no matter how you slice it ;), sushimoto is IMO the NUMBER 1 RESTAURANT in miramar beach area/east of the mid bay bridge and destin commons.

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

When I got to the restaurant I noticed that the place is small and not to many people. We did get there around five and then ordered. The sushi for two was delicious and plentiful. By six the place was packed and people waiting outside. Great local spot.