Just finished having dinner at Rick's and ready to review:
The good stuff:
1. The staff - very friendly and very attentive to the customer
2. The view - if in the dining room, you get a good view of the gulf. Great location.
3. The fish taco's - the grilled and blackened versions are very good. And for only $4.50 at happy hour, a great deal.
1. The food - A lot of the food is not made-to-order. Food is probably pre-made, then reheated with orders. The roasted veggies were dehydrated from the process. The rice pilaf was a clumpy mess - not fluffy as it should be. The steamed clams appeared to have been steamed earlier and than sat around under a heat lamp. Not plump and juicy as they should be. Most of the entre's have the same sides too - rice pilaf and veggies.
2. The atmosphere and decor - very dated; the banquet seats show the age of the decor and the walls and accessories need to be re-vamped.
3. The price - overpriced considering the quality.
Overall, this place lacks inspiration and dedication by the kitchen to put out a high quality meal. Example - why not change up from rice pilaf to something that is light and fresh, such as steamed white rice with fresh cilantro and lime juice, to go with the seafood?
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.