“Sandestin Family summer vacation 2013”
Check Availability
Beachside Of the Resort
Aerial View of the Walk to the Beach
The Village of Baytowne Wharf
Luau 7029 at Sandestin
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Amy D
Jackson, Mississippi
“Disappointing Accommodations”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Balcony view photos posted on the website by Crye Leike (the management company) do not show that the unit is overlooking a large parking lot with significant traffic. The kitchen sink garbage disposal did not work and water would not drain. The linen chest that contained blankets and pillows smelled like fresh vomit. The blanket was wet and had to be washed before using. The sofa bed is in terrible condition and should not be advertised as a sleep option. We leased 4 nights and at noon on the 3rd day the condo unit access code was automatically deactivated. This was because Crye Leike had not updated our reservation properly. If we had read reviews regarding this unit we would not have rented it. Obviously Crye Leike does not take these reviews seriously, because several of the most egregious issues within this unit have been brought to their attention by prior renters with negative reviews. Upon check out we attempted to discuss these issues with Crye Leike. Their agent was defensive and showed no concern whatsoever.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The pool
Liked least: The view and quality of accommodations
Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Jul 21, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for leaving a review and we appreciate your feedback. We have fixed the problem with the garbage disposal and the chest has been sealed off, so there will be no additional issues with that. We have also replaced the entire sofa sleeper couch. I am very sorry for the issues that you encountered during your stay. Please keep in mind that if you have any problems during your stay, it should be reported prior to check-out so that we can be given a chance to make your stay much more enjoyable. In light of the problems that you encountered, we did issue you a discount as well as a gift card and apologized for all of the issues that you had.

Orlando
Reviewed July 5, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
KY
Reviewed July 5, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Jul 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for leaving a review and I apologize for any issues that you encountered during your stay. The only issue that was reported to us during your stay was the TV which was corrected the very next day. Had we known about the other issues, we certainly would have taken care of them for you! The condo has internet access and we would have called the provider had we known that the internet was not working. The carpets and draperies have been cleaned and we will take a look at the blankets although we have not had any other reports about them. I'm sorry that you feel it is inconsiderate to have to bring back the pool bands; however, that is just one of the policies and we did tell you that you were able to drop them off beforehand if you no longer needed them. As for you reporting the issues when you checked out, we understood it as you letting us know what happened and were not aware that you wanted something to result from it as we were not notified of any of these issues during your stay.

Jamey_B14
Jacksonville, Florida
“Not good so far...and I haven't left yet.”
Reviewed May 30, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

We haven't departed yet but the review starts now. First of all we are not picky people at all. All I care about is clean, good shower pressure and a place to sleep. There was a pipe that broke in the ceiling at our unit which in itself is no big deal as things break. However, we have had 4 commercial blower fans blowing in our face every time we enter and exit the unit( one is pointed straight up at your face by the front door and I know those fans are used in sewer back up and mold areas for drying)and a big dehumidifier all making a resonating hum through the unit all night for the last 4 days. Myself, wife and little boy are all now stuffy, coughing and tired from this. The kitchen and bath are nice and the unit is a good size. Beach is a sea of resort chairs and umbrellas rendering it useless (go to the state park beaches. Pool is great and elevators fast. I was stationed at Eglin AFB in the early 90's and love the area but won't be back here. I'd rather be deployed to the Afghan mountains on a cot for a better night sleep as the mattress (as stated in other reviews) is shaped like a "W" and the sofa really is horrid ( not that I planned on being in the unit much, just for sleeping) If I was staying another week I would eat the money I paid for this unit and go find other shelter. Maybe it's just bad luck but I don't gamble on the same place twice when there are 10 million other places to risk my 1 week a year family vacation on.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: pool, state parks, plenty to do off resort
Liked least: commercial blowers 24/7 4 days by unit door
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
May 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for leaving a review and I am very sorry for the issues that you encountered during your stay. The pipe broke outside of the condo (in the hallway), so everything that was done was handled by the association and was beyond our control as a management company although we did everything that we could to help the situation. There was no dehumidifier or fan in the condo itself, it was all contained out in the hallway. I'm glad that you enjoyed the unit itself and I'm very sorry that you had to endure the fans out in the hallway. The owner has purchased a new sofa for the condo with a new sofa sleeper mattress.

georgia
Reviewed April 17, 2013 for a stay in April 2013

A romantic getaway
Apr 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a review and we appreciate your feedback. The shower curtain liner has been replaced and the sink has been fixed. We were not able to find any issues with an odor but I do apologize for the issues that you encountered. We hope to have you back again soon!

AL
Reviewed March 28, 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Oklahoma City
Reviewed March 6, 2013 for a stay in February 2013

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing