All reviews pool area living room across the street nice pool great condo walking distance spring break unit umbrellas balcony destin sidewalk beach key rental
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I took our two boys, ages 8 & 9 in October 2013. We stayed in Unit 203, which we rented through Ocean Reef Resorts website. Check-in and check-out were done via telephone and the unit had a keypad for entry rather than a key to keep up with. Incredibly EASY and no stress! The unit was tropical and tastefully decorated and clean. Underground parking is included with this unit, which was fabulous - no hot car! The pool gates are locked, so only owners and guests can gain access and the pool is beautiful with a zero entry and fountain for children. There is a decent walk to the beach access, but it is along a wide sidewalk and drivers are very courteous to stop when you need to cross over. Chair and umbrella rental is included with this unit, which makes up for the walk. All in all, we didn't mind walking. There are also at least 3 restaurants in walking distance and unlimited options within a 5-10 mile radius. We would definitely stay here again and have no qualms about recommending this unit to others. Great activities for the kids while you are here: the Gulfarium dolphin and sea lion show, The Track and Fudpucker's Alligator Beach, where you can feed and have your picture made with an alligator.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Eden T
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed in room 206 in August. Great condo, up to date furnishings, up to date location, nice pool (cleaned everyday by the pool guy), nice pool surroundings, hot tub, grills and restrooms. Loved it. 6 foot wide walking path that goes along the entire island. Take your tennis shoes and be like the 100's of people walking off those extra calories off. Just a short walk to the beach but the very worth it considering you will pay 50% for beach front in this area. Winn Dixie, drug stores, and outlets stores 5 minutes away. Dinning out was our only issue. The restaurants close by are tired and not worth the money. Head out to Hwy 98 for a better value for your money. Would go back again and again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Macmomma S
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

This was my first stay at The Beach Resort Condos and it will not be my last. The location was perfect- right across from the most beautiful beach with private access. Each condo is individually owned and furnished differently. Our condo was clean and had all the added touches of home. Everything we needed was less than a five minute drive. I could not believe the condos were so reasonably priced. I can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: May 2013
5  Thank Ginkam
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We recently spent a week in unit 304. I love this unit! Everything is brand new. The unit is perfect. It is very clean and has a very well equipped kitchen. It has 1 bedroom with king bed, bunk room and 2 baths. There were even games, books and movies. These all seems brand new. The bed was very comfortable. It was more like a nice hotel bed rather thn a condo.

The complex has a very nice pool area and is just across the street from a beautiful private beach.

I have been going to Destin off and on for 35 years and have always stayed in different condos but this unit is special! I see myself always returning to this unit. It is an excellent value.

Room Tip: Each unit is different so I will always want 304
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank smjsmj
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The biggest decision was whether we go the short little walk to the beach, or stay at the fantastic pool area. We traveled here with two families in tow (including four children). Most rooms are very nice, but there are a few that are minimally decorated. My advice is that you ask for pictures, though you still can't go wrong. Travel in may before destin becomes peaked with visitors...that way you can get a great deal and have the beach or the pool to yourself. You cannot go wrong at this resort.

Stayed: May 2012