It's very rarely that I give 5 star reviews on this site, but i'll happily make an exception for the Barley Bree, a lovely restaurant with rooms. Our room was spacious and clean, with a large comfortable bed and was very nicely furnished and decorated in an understated and relaxed way. The only (minor) drawback with the room was that the water pressure in the shower meant that it emitted a high pitched singing noise, which was not the best way to wake up in the morning! Otherwise, the room was excellent. The staff and owners were brilliant; helpful, chatty and simply really nice people. The restaurant is extremely good value and the wine list well thought out. Fabrice's cooking is sublime, with a really light touch - perfect portion sizes with ingredients that marry together beautifully. I really can't recommend it highly enough. Places like this deserve to flourish, we'll definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In beautiful Perthshire less than an hour from Edinburgh and Glasgow. Award-winning restaurant with 6 guest rooms all ensuite. The menus showcase local food, such as hand-dived scallops, venison carpaccio,apple tarte tatin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with getaroom.com so you can book your Barley Bree reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barley Bree Hotel Muthill
- Barley Bree Muthill, Scotland