We have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Barley Bree in Crieff, and it definitely lives up to its reputation. The food is renowed, but we also found the wine list to be extensive and very reasonably priced - an added bonus. The owners (Alison and Fabrice) and very welcoming, and we loved the food so much that we had dinner there on the 2 nights of our stay. The rooms are very clean and extremely comfortable, with many original features - including a fab roll topped bath in the room in which we stayed. With Gleneagles only a few miles down the road, and with plenty to see and do in the area, we would definitely recommend the barley bree at a lovely place to stay - we intend to return on our next trip over from Ireland!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In beautiful Perthshire less than an hour from Edinburgh and Glasgow. Award-winning restaurant with 6 guest rooms all ensuite. The menus showcase local food, such as hand-dived scallops, venison carpaccio,apple tarte tatin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets so you can book your Barley Bree reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barley Bree Hotel Muthill
- Barley Bree Muthill, Scotland